Lufenuron and TMAU- safe to take but awaiting result
Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:35 pm
As a TMAU sufferer who can't reduce my bb that much even with the strictest diet and megadoses of B2, I think my body has a lot of issues. Though I have 'acquired TMAU' (type 2) supposedly, it seems my FMO3 enzyme can't properly oxidize the TMA. Even when I reduced my TMA from 30+ to 12 (above 10 is considered TMAU positive result in UK), my odour was the same.
The only thing that used to help a bit was GSE.
Since I had vaginal candida glabrata (the more resistant strain) diagnosed a few years back, I guess candida will always be a problem for me. This is why I have tried Lufenuron after reading people's success stories with it.
I got no strong reactions at all to the Lufenuron but my bowel movements became a bit different - definitely smellier after the first dose.
No change in tongue coating or odour. My tongue is still white and quite gunky - as usual.
I am still taking oregano oil (I started this on day 4, after taking the Lufenuron) as well as my usual digestive enzymes and probiotics. I usually take Grapefruit Seed Extract at least 3 days a week as well.
I have been doing a non-gluten diet with potatoes, rice, salad and pulses for protein when needed. I never eat sugar and I have minimised fruit as well. I know a proper candida diet should not have rice or potatoes but i can't do raw/very restricted diets anymore, since being diagnosed with TMAU and trying to reduce my choline. I feel very weak/ill straight away if I lack fat, carbohydrate or any nutrient.
It has been 10 days since I took the Lufenuron. It was definitely safe to take it so it's worth a try if you are considering taking it. Quite cheap too and it came quickly by post to the UK.
I will update this thread if anything else happens in the next 20 days. It would be miraculous if anything did but....
I know the positive effects of Lufenuron can take a while to manifest so I'm trying to keep positive as this helps any treatment we do
The only thing that used to help a bit was GSE.
Since I had vaginal candida glabrata (the more resistant strain) diagnosed a few years back, I guess candida will always be a problem for me. This is why I have tried Lufenuron after reading people's success stories with it.
I got no strong reactions at all to the Lufenuron but my bowel movements became a bit different - definitely smellier after the first dose.
No change in tongue coating or odour. My tongue is still white and quite gunky - as usual.
I am still taking oregano oil (I started this on day 4, after taking the Lufenuron) as well as my usual digestive enzymes and probiotics. I usually take Grapefruit Seed Extract at least 3 days a week as well.
I have been doing a non-gluten diet with potatoes, rice, salad and pulses for protein when needed. I never eat sugar and I have minimised fruit as well. I know a proper candida diet should not have rice or potatoes but i can't do raw/very restricted diets anymore, since being diagnosed with TMAU and trying to reduce my choline. I feel very weak/ill straight away if I lack fat, carbohydrate or any nutrient.
It has been 10 days since I took the Lufenuron. It was definitely safe to take it so it's worth a try if you are considering taking it. Quite cheap too and it came quickly by post to the UK.
I will update this thread if anything else happens in the next 20 days. It would be miraculous if anything did but....
I know the positive effects of Lufenuron can take a while to manifest so I'm trying to keep positive as this helps any treatment we do