THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Glycerin

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Glycerin

Post by halitosisux »

I was talking to someone today after dinner and she was telling me how she often gets reflux and a furry tongue.

She never mentioned bad breath and I got really close up to her and couldn't smell anything. I tried to joke about the tongue coating again to keep her talking about it and then she said she uses something called glycerine and she said it totally gets rid of the white tongue.

Just did some google searches and it's true. There's different kinds, and you can get vegetable glycerin (or is it glycerine?) from health food stores really cheaply.

If anyone is suffering with type-1 BB then this followed by rigorous rinsing with chlorine dioxide and using probiotics containing acidophillus may help. Worth a try.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Value-Hea ... ml_852418/

You can even swallow the stuff, but the idea is you brush it into the tongue and because of it's hygroscopic nature, it kills bacteria and other microorganisms and removes tongue coatings (apparently)
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

shit shit shit, I just looked in my medicine cupboard and I've got a bottle of cough medicine which has GLYCERIN on the front, for tickly coughs and sore throats - well maybe it it works, I'll try it in the morning and see if my tongue turns bright pink and report back.
User avatar
MissPretty
Advanced
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
Location: Sweden

Post by MissPretty »

Good luck! :D
Tibya
Advanced
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:58 am

Post by Tibya »

Makes sense.I will try glycerin . I hope it does not interfer with any other remedies that I try.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

I didn't try the cough syrup this morning because it contains all kinds of things that might ruin the test. Apparently it's the glycerin which many women use on their skin and the sort used for baking. As soon as I get some I'll try it and report back.
focused
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by focused »

Any updates?? A lot has been said about glycerin on earthclinic. What i found at the pharmacy was only for external use :(
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Actually I got hold of a bottle of the right stuff a couple of weeks ago.
On the label it says "soothes sore throats & chapped skin"
Also says apply to the skin for rough or chapped skin.

Active ingredient: glycerol 100% v/v

I guess this must be the right thing? I tried putting some on the back of my tongue to see if it made the slight coating back there any less. Didn't do jack really. Maybe it needs to be left on for a while. The stuff is so sweet and tasty it's hard to resist swallowing it.

Was quite shocked to see my tongue instantly become beautifully pink like a piece of ham, but as soon as the glycerin dissolves away it goes back to normal again. I think this is a waste of time, sorry. But maybe it might do something for a really really thick coating, but nothing that a good scraper wouldn't take care of.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗