Hello people!
I have immaculate dental hygiene - the dentists comment not mine, saw her last about a month ago.
I have been suffering form BB for 12 plus years (faecal for the last 3 ish years-i think!?) and acid reflux for the last 5ish months (probably before then but silent ). I have also had a blocked eustachean tube (right side) for over 2 years now for which i was prescribed a corticosteroid nasal spray. It alleviated the blocked ear but not to the point where it was completely cured.
I also have PND.
The thread on treating GERD with Zantac (H2 antagoniser)lead me to connect all my symptoms together........
Reflux would irritate the mucosal lining which would in turn respond by creating an increased layer of protective mucus (hence the PND). the reflux is also irritating my eustachian tube (I sleep on my right side causing the acid to pool on that side hence blocked right E.tube).
I took 150 mg of ranitidine (zantac basically) before bed every night for a month and continued with the corticosteroid spray (budesonide) and found a huge improvement in my blocked E.tube towards the end of the month but with no significant improvement in my BB which is why i didn't bother to post any results on here.
almost 4 weeks ago i saw my doctor and told him about my BB. He prescribed me omeprazole to treat reflux (20mg every day) and requested a stool sample for Helicobacter testing.
The omeprazole has made a huge difference to the reflux. PPI's seem WAY more effective than H2 antagonisers. It has also reduced PND but had no notable improvement in BB.
The helicobacter test came back positive - i will begin the process of eradication with antibiotics on the 3rd of may. i will also begin a high strength probiotic straight after the treatment to recolonise the stomach flora.
I will keep you all updated
x
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Helicobacter (H.pylori) Treatment
-
StayStrong
- Newbie
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:00 pm
sorry guys no such luck,
i was on amoxicillin and clarithromycin as well as omeprazole for a week.
I found great improvements for the first few days in terms of odour and toungue coating but the effects gradually diminished and ended up with dark yellow coating at the back of the toungue and metallic taste in mouth (yeast?). I will get tested to see if the helicobacter was in fact eradicated or not.
i will probably give the lufenuron a try next.
Im more than happy to answer any questions about the treatment that you may be curious about, just ask
x
i was on amoxicillin and clarithromycin as well as omeprazole for a week.
I found great improvements for the first few days in terms of odour and toungue coating but the effects gradually diminished and ended up with dark yellow coating at the back of the toungue and metallic taste in mouth (yeast?). I will get tested to see if the helicobacter was in fact eradicated or not.
i will probably give the lufenuron a try next.
Im more than happy to answer any questions about the treatment that you may be curious about, just ask
x
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.