Today I walked to my mother and asked her if she could open her mouth. The tongue was pure white (I mean full white, not just the back). I said: I see your tongue is white too. She said: Yeah that's normal, everyone has that (Yeah right >.>).
Well my mother brushes her teeth once a day or something and not even that good. And like you have guessed....no smell.
So I felt bold today and walked to her again and asked if she could rub the back of her tongue with her finger (Seriously guys, don't do that stupid wrist lick, but rub the back of your tongue instead...).
So she rubbed the back of her tongue (Almost gagged), So I waited a few seconds for it to dry. After like 10 seconds I smelled and....NOTHING WTF????? If I rub my tongue It smells so fcking bad. And the worst part is, Her tongue is whiter than mine.....
I know the problem with most people here is the tongue. But is the problem the white coating or not? That's what confuses me. Or is her white coating a different white coating than mine?
Every bit of info helps to finding the cure, so that's why i posted this.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
White Tongue Confusion
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Great post. I think this is where a lot of confusion arises from.
Your mum could be one of these lucky people with a naturally low tendendy to ever have bad breath, possibly because she has more of the known favourable types of bacteria or some component of her immune system is stronger.
In a person with high tendency and susceptibility to BB, the same coating would probably give them horrendous BB.
This might be how some people can have really low oral hygiene or a skanky looking set of teeth, yet can still have clean breath.
It might just be that everyone who has a smelly tongue always has a reason for it, such as PND or acid reflux or dryness or infection or foul discharge draining onto it from somewhere.
Your mum could be one of these lucky people with a naturally low tendendy to ever have bad breath, possibly because she has more of the known favourable types of bacteria or some component of her immune system is stronger.
In a person with high tendency and susceptibility to BB, the same coating would probably give them horrendous BB.
This might be how some people can have really low oral hygiene or a skanky looking set of teeth, yet can still have clean breath.
It might just be that everyone who has a smelly tongue always has a reason for it, such as PND or acid reflux or dryness or infection or foul discharge draining onto it from somewhere.
- Shit4Breath
- Advanced
- Posts: 190
- Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:11 pm
As I was going back in the forum I came across a post questioning whether or not alot of us were breastfeed as children because lack of natural probiotics from breastmilk could be the cause. I can honestly say I was not breastfeed I wonder how true this is for everyone of us. Its so many theories about having too much of a certain bacteria or too less of another.....This whole thing is confusing!
I can't remember, but I think someone would have told me if I weren't breastfeed.Shit4Breath wrote:As I was going back in the forum I came across a post questioning whether or not alot of us were breastfeed as children because lack of natural probiotics from breastmilk could be the cause. I can honestly say I was not breastfeed I wonder how true this is for everyone of us. Its so many theories about having too much of a certain bacteria or too less of another.....This whole thing is confusing!
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.