Page 1 of 1
nasty tasting and smelling roof of my mouth
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:25 pm
by missy
Whenever I stick the tip of my tongue up to the roof of my mouth, it doesn't taste bad right behind my front teeth, but when I move my tongue further back, esp. in the very soft fleshy part, it tastes kinda like metal and maybe somewhat salty. It always tastes bad when I stick my tongue way up to the top of my gums too. I'm pretty sure I don't have a dry mouth, but it is always very sticky and the saliva is very thick.
Re: nasty tasting and smelling roof of my mouth
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:28 pm
by noptical
missy wrote:Whenever I stick the tip of my tongue up to the roof of my mouth, it doesn't taste bad right behind my front teeth, but when I move my tongue further back, esp. in the very soft fleshy part, it tastes kinda like metal and maybe somewhat salty. It always tastes bad when I stick my tongue way up to the top of my gums too. I'm pretty sure I don't have a dry mouth, but it is always very sticky and the saliva is very thick.
Maybe its mucous?
Or maybe you have some problem with your gums like gingivitis or periodontitis.
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:20 pm
by waitingforrelief
i can totally identify with that missy. i don't always have that weird taste exactly where you do -but it's there. and the thick saliva as well.
i don't know what to make of it tho'. do you have sinus issues? tonsil issues? digestive problems?