Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tonsillectomy Improvement

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mrcam
Total Newbie

Tonsillectomy Improvement

Post by mrcam »

I am so excited because i used to suffer from chronic tonsil stones which attributed greatly to horrible breath. Now that problem has been eliminated there has been drastic improvement. It has been a little over 10 days since my tonsillectomy and i can easily say that i have noticed about a 75% improvement from my breath and is progressively getting better as my throat is nearly healed.

I still suffer from chronic PND however and i attribute that excess mucous to be the 25% of my remaining bad breath creating a thick blanket of bacteria in the back of my throat which is clearly difficult to manage when not in a controlled environment devoid of devices such as a waterpik or nose irrigator. The remaining 5% is just what i believe to be a weaker eco system in my mouth compared to a normal individual which i attribute to genetics. I do my best to maintain a clean mouth by flossing, brushing 2-3 times a day (with an electric toothbrush) and mouthwash. That 5% is hardly noticeable and is probably equal to an average person with slight dry mouth.

Right now i am looking into getting another surgery done to fix my slight deviated septum which i also believe is a culprit to my PND. I am also starting Prilosec tomorrow which is the same as Zantac in fighting GERD. I have also bought some Aloe Gel and probiotics to try and help manage bad breath from the throat down. So in conclusion, if you believe you suffer bad breath primarily due to your throat caused by PND and chronic tonsil stones, i highly recommend looking at getting your tonsils removed! I cant stress this enough on how important it is to eliminate all tonsil stones and prevents the mucous caused by PND to breed bacteria in the tonsil cavities! Also, i would like to point out that the first 4-5 days of my tonsillectomy was easily the worst my bad breath has ever been! I will keep you guys up to date on how the Prilosec effects my throat.

aues
Master

Re: Tonsillectomy Improvement

Post by aues »

mrcam wrote:Also, i would like to point out that the first 4-5 days of my tonsillectomy was easily the worst my bad breath has ever been!
I read you story and it is exactly like my story. I never had such horrendous bad breath like after tonsillectomy.

Please ask you doctors whether there was a post-opteration medical examination of your tonsils or not. If there was one please tell use the exact result of this examination!

Have their been any news till now?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic