THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
medical advice required - low SIgA levels
medical advice required - low SIgA levels
Through my continual hope of finding a cure, through a saliva test I was found to have low levels of Secretory SIgA levels.
"SIgA key function is to bind invading organisms and toxins and entrap them in the mucus layer and neutralising their toxins and then eliminating them from the body"
Has anyone else been tested for this and can anyone give me any more information?
I am really excited that someone has diagnosed and proven something which is not normal in my body and will keep everyone posted.
"SIgA key function is to bind invading organisms and toxins and entrap them in the mucus layer and neutralising their toxins and then eliminating them from the body"
Has anyone else been tested for this and can anyone give me any more information?
I am really excited that someone has diagnosed and proven something which is not normal in my body and will keep everyone posted.
The person I have been seeing is nutrition practitioner with various of different degrees.
I am hopeful of the different approach and new ideas he is suggesting.
He arranged the Siga test and then it gets sent of to a patholgy lab for testing.
Another interesting topic we have discussed are the wide range of pro-biotics. Taking wrong pro-biotics can actually stimulate bad breath.
He truly believes there will definately be reason and treatment for the BB.
We all stay hopeful but I truly am very optimistic with this new guy.
I will keep you posted.[/code]
I am hopeful of the different approach and new ideas he is suggesting.
He arranged the Siga test and then it gets sent of to a patholgy lab for testing.
Another interesting topic we have discussed are the wide range of pro-biotics. Taking wrong pro-biotics can actually stimulate bad breath.
He truly believes there will definately be reason and treatment for the BB.
We all stay hopeful but I truly am very optimistic with this new guy.
I will keep you posted.[/code]
The IgA connection is fascinating... it's been mentioned before on this forum (search for 'IgA')...
How low was your Saliva IgA? Some people have no IgA at all...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_ ... deficiency
How low was your Saliva IgA? Some people have no IgA at all...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_ ... deficiency
yes, that has been mentioned on this site. If I remember right(that's a big IF haha) there is 3 different types and 2 of them can be synthetically made but A can't. Anybody else remember anything about this? I'm going to e-mail Laura (who I think was talking about this on here) and ask her.
It's very interesting.
susie
It's very interesting.
susie
I was diagnosed a while ago as having selective IgA difficiency. I'd beenunable to get rid of a cough and my GP sent me for blood tests and this condition was found. Apparently Ihave no antibodies in my mouth or gut. I have suffered from shocking breath as long as i can remember and this appears to be the reason. Unfortunately knowing this doesn't help and my endless quest goes on. To say it has ruined my life is no understatement and I've just found this forum and now realise I'm not alone.
Hi all
I know exactly how you feel CG. What did we ever do to deserve this?
As you are aware, there is no real cure for selective Iga deficiency.
What my nutritional doctor has perscribed me are high potency compounded amounts of Vit A, zinc and glutamine along with trying different varieties of prob-biotics to find one which hopefully has an effect.
I will keep you posted.
I know exactly how you feel CG. What did we ever do to deserve this?
As you are aware, there is no real cure for selective Iga deficiency.
What my nutritional doctor has perscribed me are high potency compounded amounts of Vit A, zinc and glutamine along with trying different varieties of prob-biotics to find one which hopefully has an effect.
I will keep you posted.
-
seanlee1980
- Advanced
- Posts: 122
- Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:30 am
I have low igA count. Doctor told me I might be allergic to many things so I took allergy shots for some time. This not do anything for me. Recently, I did a general checkup and I was told I have a low white blood cell count. I brought up a point that people with aids have a weakened immune system..low igA, low white blood cell count. I am wondering if we follow some of the regimen that these people with hiv or aids go through, can we get better also? And then the question arises...do people with aids or hiv have bad breath? Probably not likely. So I am thinking its not just low igA thats causing our bad breath. Its a slew of defects and deficiencies in our body thats causing our problem. Solving 1 issue will probably not help us. The best and simplest in concept but most difficult regimen to follow is to eat right and exercise. Maybe if we maintain this healthy way of living for say 1 year we might be able to reverse this problem we have. That is what Im hoping anyways. If you cheat,you're starting over.
Have you been tested for Fructose, Glucose, Sorbit, Lactose and Gluten-Intolerance?seanlee1980 wrote:I have low igA count.
In your case Gluten-Intolerance can be checked by Transglutaminase-IgG-Antibodies in your blood, not by IgA-Antibodies.
There is a difference between low IgA in serum and low secretory IgA in stool or salvia. For example if you have low SIgA in stool, you don't have to have a low IgA level in blood.
Last edited by aues on Sat May 26, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.