THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Diagnosed with Acid Reflux...

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
perrymason
Advanced
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 am

Diagnosed with Acid Reflux...

Post by perrymason »

ENT went through diagnostic process:

1) Test for H Pylori
2) CT Scan of sinuses
3) Upper GI series test


If the tests were all negative, we would take samples of the throat, and sinuses for microbio. testing.

Test #3 showed a severe case of acid reflux, though I've never felt "heartburn"

Will be on a prescribed med for blocking the production of the acid, and will monitor progress for the next 6-8 weeks. I guess I have silent GERD.

I urge ALL of you to get an Upper GI series done, for you can't stay focused on one area of your body (nose/mouth). There may be other causes.

You have nothing to lose, and can rule something out through diagnostic means once this is completed.

I wish you all luck. Here's to hope. :)
meryjohnson
Total Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:26 am

bad breath

Post by meryjohnson »

GERD/Acid Reflux often leads to PND which often leads to bad breath in the throat. This is often mistaken for coming from the mouth.
User avatar
mike987
Super Angel
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:47 am
Location: US

Post by mike987 »

I still imagine this could be my problem.

I feel like my BB activates when my vocal chords are vibrating.

The clinics in Japan are garbage though. These aren't professionals. I'll have to go straight to the hospital to get all this checked out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗