THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

I have cured my bad breath...

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
relieveduk10
Total Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:53 pm

I have cured my bad breath...

Post by relieveduk10 »

I have been a chronic sufferer of bad breath/ Halitosis for many years, and it has as Im sure people know themselves this has made my life extremely unhappy, and very self self conscious.

I am someone who has an eye for detail, and also I pick up smells of others easily, so I know i have a good gage within me to judge if had extremely bad breath. And I did. It was driving me crazy. I have tried everything, bought every product there is from 'Breeze care' absoloute rubbish products, hydrogen poroxide gargling, tcp gargling, tongue scraping ( which does help but doesnt cure the actual problem) drunk fluids, cut out dairy, chewing gum, mouth wash, throat sweets-which are the strongest form of any mint out there but terrible for teeth, you name it I have tried it. Litterilly.

I went to see a hygenist, to clean my teeth and also try to help me with a very painful gum cavity in between my top right tooth and my wisom tooth. He advised me to get rid of all your wisdom teeth as they only cause problems, and food gets trapped behind them. the foul odour which comes out is from the rotting food in your mouth, and stuck within your teeth. Not from your stomach/ From garlic/ lack of fluid. It sis all about ORAL HYGEINE. Now flossing of course is something i have tried too. Conventional flossing in my opinion apart from some of the front teeth does practically nothing to get rid of old food; The surface area is too small.

Anyhow, This got me thinking. Its makes sense that I have this gum problem which ius painful which means bacteria is present there, so maybe, just maybe if I remove the tooth this may FINALLY help stop this awful reality that i live in. I also then found out about interdental brushes- im sure many of you have used these but there are lots of rusbbish small plastic ones- which are useless. A make a pharmacy in the uk called Boots uses ones called:Tepe. They are amazing. They come in different sizes depening on the gap in between your teeth, i personally use the. 5 mm red ones as they are one of the smallest sizes but not the smallest ( Pink. 4mm) I thought bigger was best ( The blue ones) But for me they couldnt fit in my gaps. Anyhow basically find one which fits the gaps in between your teeth.

I didnt realise before using these that in between teeth flossing is one of the biggest keys for fighting bad breath. Just as important as brushing...In fact even more. As the remnants, and old food in there is what makes us have bad breath. Alot of blood does come out as well, and still does when I floss with them-i put them through each of my teeth and spin them around making sure every gap has been rid of food.

So, I only had 1 wisdom tooth out, and the result was almost immediate. That with interdental stick flossing religiously, has....finally somehow, got rid of that specific, foull taste and smell. The relief is, I cant even explain what this has done for my life. Im not saying i feel perfect every day, no. This is an on going routine, and also unlike some people who have very pink moist tongues I am one to get quite a white tongue easily, so i think more people who suffer are more prone to take on bacteria etc, just like some people have smelly arm pits, its just one of tghose factors of lfe we cant control. But I can assure you I was someone with cronic bad breath. ALWAYS, always with this horrid bad taste and now. mainly because of the interdental stick brush and the key being: Getting rid of wisom teeth or my 1 widom tooth and giving plenty of attention with the interdental brushes especially inbetween my chewing teeth, has finally, finally got to the bottom of this problem.

So here is my routine, and also tips which have helped me cure my bad breath.

Firstly:

Remove all wisdom teeth. The operation is minor, and i am almost certain this is a major factor to causing bad breath as: the gap in between the back teeth and wisdom teeth is impossible to clean thus leaving a gap which in time/ years gathers old and continued debree from caught food.

Religiously, just as you would religiously brush your teeth, floss your teeth with proper interdental brushes- Tepe being ghte brand i use for referance but there might be similar ones out there Im sure. they have to be strong and get inbetween your teeth.

My routine:

1) Tongue scrape your tongue- with a decent tongue scraper there are some rubbish ones out there, and with each crape rinse with water.
Do this until debree is gone and try to get far back of the tongue as possible

2) If you havent got an electric tooth brush, get one. this is essential. with double heads if you can. The tooth brush goes much deeper then a normal tooth brush. Brush teeth properly.

3) With patience use an interdental stick and 'twizzle' through each tooth so it pokes out of the other side. make sure each and every tooth is clear of debree.

4) Mouth wash with luke warm water and add a table spoon of salt to a half small glass. stir and gargle, and spit. and repeat this 3-4 times. Salt mouth wash is the best and most natural moth wash there is, and it works.

5) Brush teeth and tongue again with a normal tooth brush- this is my choice I just think it helps get in the places the electric missed. Then rinse, then scrape your tongue again.

Carry around sugar free small mints, and maybe some sugar free gum which can be ok- but actually I have found even the sugar free gum has made me taste somehow worse sometimes and Ive just had better results with meticulous oral hygene and maybe a few sugar free mints then anything else. Remember sugary mints/gum only feeds the bacteria in your mouth Especially the sugar free mints helps at times mositen the mouth and keep the mouth which is now totally clean refreshed, and i feel confident. Mints, chewing gum all that stuff only masks and even sometimes enhances bad breath and feeds the bacteria already thriving in your mouth. personally i think opnly the sugar fre mints sometimes helps enhance your mouth the best. But those mint enhancements only works after HAVING THOSE WISOM TEETH OUT and following the oral hygeine technique/ routine.


I know its not possible to do the brushing/flossing/tongue scraping/ salt water gargling in between every meal, but if you can, do try this routine in the morning, in the day time, and at night and if you can when you dont feel fresh through out the day.

Well that is my advice anyhow. I am posting here as I was so desperate to stop this. I am a very determined person and I hope that the years of trying all combinations of things can hopefully help others with the same problem as well.

I wish everyone luck who has or suffers now as I did, and just urge them to take my advice as im confident it should work.

Thanks
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

I strongly advise you to try a Waterpik.
aues
Master
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:44 am

Post by aues »

Thank you for your post!

Do you have an x-ray of your teeth prior wisdom teeth removal?
Would be great if you could get it from your doctor and could upload it here.


I don't agree on you regarding your advice to get an electric toothbrush.

Cleaning inter-dental spaces is very important, that's true.
danger
Master
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by danger »

good story

it is stories like this that make me think i cured my bad breath after all after getting my wisdom teeth out, and now i am just paranoid. or at the very least my breath is not as bad as it was

if you are cured because of your wisdom teeth, you probably only have to brush and floss now. all this mouthwash and tongue scraping probably isnt even needed
User avatar
Shit4Breath
Advanced
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Post by Shit4Breath »

clara, Im not sure about this whole bb from the stomach issue I just don't understand if the bb is from the stomach then why wouldn't our burps smell bad. Burps are the gases released from the stomach when the sphincter open and closes This type of bad breath is extremely rare unless of course were talking about reflux or something. I still haven't ruled it out completely but i am no longer focusing on the stomach it just doesn't make sense to me.

danger
everyone has an accumalation of bacteria that happens in their mouth while they are sleep hence even non bb sufferers having morning breath. I remember growing up I use to never want to sleep on my sisters pillows because they would always stink of dried saliva and she doesn't suffer from bb.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗