Your Email Address:

First Name:

White tongue and bad breath solution

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Brad123

White tongue and bad breath solution

Post by Brad123 »

I had bad breath and a white tongue since I was young. I had problems with girlfriends and making friends in general. I got fed up and came up with a solution that worked. I now sleep with my girlfriend with our faces touching. It is a great feeling.

It's been 3 months, and I have had a red/pinkish tongue with no bad breath since I made the below changes.

1) No wheat products (went gluten-free)

2) I eat a can of soft sardines everyday. Other types of fish may work. If you find another fish that works just as well, then let me know.

For some reason, fish makes my breath great as long as I follow eating it with #3 below.

3) After eating the fish, I will eat some crunchy food. My most common food I eat is hard crunch granola in water. This rough granola cleans off the surface of your tongue. I get honey granola that doesn't have any added sugar. Make sure the granola doesn't have any wheat in it.

4) If you want snacks, try to eat rice potato chips, since they are rough and will continue to clean the tongue.

5) After I am done eating, I wait a half hour and brush only my teeth for 2 minutes with an electric toothbrush. I don't brush my gums, cheeks, roof of mouth, or tongue. I ONLY brush my teeth. I use Burts Bees gel toothpaste which can be found on Amazon.com. I only use toothpaste that doesn't have sodium lauryl sulfate in it. I NEVER use mouthwash. I do floss my teeth once a day at night. I floss before I brush my teeth not after.

The thing that made the biggest difference for me is when I stopped brushing or scraping my tongue. I will NEVER go back to brushing or scraping my tongue. Brushing or scraping your tongue may be bad since you are breaking skin off the tongue which then becomes a meal for the bacteria. I now use rough foods to clean my tongue naturally.

If you want to add vegetables or other foods to the above meal, then always follow eating them with crunchy food like granola since vegetables may leave some debris on the tongue.

The above 5 steps has worked so well for me, that I don't even have morning breath anymore.

My meals don't have much variety which may be a problem for some. If you want to add more variety to the above meal, then slowly add things to the meals and continue checking the color of your tongue. I check my tongue every few hours everyday and making sure it stays reddish/pink.
Last edited by Brad123 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

So your breath was actually bad?

How do we know this isn't a challenge to see if you can convince BB sufferers that by eating sardines it'll actually make their breath so good you can sleep face to face with a girl?

Maybe the sardines made your breath so bad your girlfriend's nose shutdown completely. Haha..

Well if your story is true, I'm extremely happy for you, and jealous. I'm going to keep trying what I'm doing for now, but I really should look into rice crackers anyway. That's something I'd like to have in my diet.

What's your theory for why the above steps have helped? Do you think only your tongue is responsible??
Brad123

Post by Brad123 »

mike987 wrote: So your breath was actually bad?

How do we know this isn't a challenge to see if you can convince BB sufferers that by eating sardines it'll actually make their breath so good you can sleep face to face with a girl?

What's your theory for why the above steps have helped? Do you think only your tongue is responsible??
I've had my last girlfriend break up with me because of bad breath. She actually told me that was the reason. I've had people occasionally comment on my breath since I was in high school.

I didn't start eating sardines until 3 months ago.

I believe my tongue is responsible. I believe crunchy foods help clean the tongue without having to use a tongue scraper or brushing your tongue. I don't scrape or brush my tongue anymore.

I don't know why eating fish helps.
Music Lady
Advanced

Post by Music Lady »

Thanks so much Brad123. I'm gonna pick up some granola stuff at lunch today and maybe some sardines.

Do you eat anything else. Salads, ANY kind of breads, luncheon meets. Lunch is where I find I get into the most trouble with trying to eat proper meals.
Brad123

Post by Brad123 »

Music Lady wrote:Thanks so much Brad123. I'm gonna pick up some granola stuff at lunch today and maybe some sardines.

Do you eat anything else. Salads, ANY kind of breads, luncheon meets. Lunch is where I find I get into the most trouble with trying to eat proper meals.
You are welcome. Currently I eat raw vegetables also which help clean the tongue. I don't eat any breads. I also don't eat any luncheon meats.

I would like more variety with my meals in the future. I will slowly introduce more foods into my meals. I will keep checking the color of my tongue making sure it stays a reddish/pink color.

I only drink water. I stay away from milk and cheese.

If you don't like sardines, you might try other types of fish.

I also only use gel toothpaste which seems to not coat the tongue. Burts Bees is the brand I currently use.
Last edited by Brad123 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
deebo

Post by deebo »

Brad , it is far more likely that your diet change has curbed you odor ,rather than the texture of the food .

DId your girlfriend leave because you were obsessing about your breath ?

hopemovo.com
Brad123

Post by Brad123 »

deebo wrote:

Brad , it is far more likely that your diet change has curbed you odor ,rather than the texture of the food .

DId your girlfriend leave because you were obsessing about your breath?

hopemovo.com
My tongue clearly returns to normal color with rough foods. I did an experiment to prove this to myself. I tried eating oatmeal in replace of granola for a week. My tongue returned to a white coating. When my white coating gets bad, I start having white dead skin particles on my lips. I haven't had those since my tongue is cleared of the white coating.

No, I never brought up the breath issue to her until one day I asked her why she tries to avoid being intimate with me and also why she always sleeps on her side facing away from me. She then told me the reason.

I asked her to be more intimate with me as I think that is important for a relationship. She then said she didn't think this relationship will work long term. We were together for nine months.
Music Lady
Advanced

Post by Music Lady »

I picked up a bag of granola yesterday at lunch and by the time the day had ended the front part of my tongue was a rich pink color. By this morning I could only see very little white on my tongue from snacking on them all night.

I'm not that hopeful about whether its made a difference in the smell. Will try and alter my diet and see what happens though.

Its interesting the way its cleaned my tongue though. I am a person who use the tongue scraper each and every time I brush -- at least twice a day and I could never get rid of the white that would coat my entire tongue. Brushing my tonue wouldn't work either, but this this granola has worked wonders. Its unbelievable.

Brad could you keep us posted on your diet. Are you keeping it totally gluten free? I think I'm gonna try the mini tuna packs I've seen with olive oil today for lunch, and have that with plain lettuce for a while and see how that helps.

I generally don't eat dinner, and I love having a peach or fresh picked cherries for breakfast.
Brad123

Post by Brad123 »

Music Lady wrote: Brad could you keep us posted on your diet. Are you keeping it totally gluten free?
I will keep you posted on my diet. If anyone has ways to make my breath regimen even better, please let me know.

Yes I am keeping my regimen totally gluten free. The first few weeks were tough, and I had cravings for wheat products. Probably the candida speaking. Then all of a sudden, I didn't crave wheat anymore (Maybe the candida died). Wheat products have always increased my bad breath. I am positive on this.

I would like to add there have been other bodily changes since my tongue has remained red/pinkish. My underarm sweat odor is gone. I don't need deodorant anymore. My feces smell is greatly reduced. During the first couple of weeks on my regimen, my feces smelled much worse. Then it smelled much better. I also don't get skin infections anymore. I used to get an infection for every cut.

I believe a white tongue is toxic since it is full of debris and bacteria. Every time you swallow with a white tongue, you are sending that junk down into your esophagus and stomach. This pollutes your entire body.

I believe rough foods work by cleaning the tongue and also the entire pathway the food travels along. This is why it is superior to other forms of tongue cleaning which can only clean the tongue.
guzler
Advanced

Post by guzler »

can i ask you, what can you in a gluten free diet ? pleae explain
thank you
Brad123

Post by Brad123 »

guzler wrote:can i ask you, what can you in a gluten free diet ? pleae explain
thank you
Avoid all food and drinks containing:
Barley (malt, malt flavoring and malt vinegar are usually made from barley)
Rye
Triticale (a cross between wheat and rye)
Wheat
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic