Page 1 of 1
Mastic Gum.....is it or isn't it???
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:03 am
by Shit4Breath
Based on this site
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/helic ... NHUNHA1M1A mastic gum has cured many people of h.pylori, acid reflux, and digestive issues. There isn't really much on this site about it and absolutely nothing about it on other forums regarding bad breath. Just wanted to know if anyone has tried this and what were your experiences? Apparenttly some ppl have to take it at least once a year as a maintenance dose to continue getting the effects of the mastic.
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:49 am
by MissPretty
The link does not work ...
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:40 pm
by Shit4Breath
I'm not sure why it isn't working here is page two from that topic you can scroll back to page 1.
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/helic ... NHA1M1A/p2
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:51 am
by mike987
It's not working because you have a space after the first url tag, and the second url tag for some reason became part of the address.
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/helic ... NHUNHA1M1A
So.. Mastic Gum. .. Anyone try it before? I'm up for it, just for the heck of it, but I want to know the recommended brand.
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:40 am
by Shit4Breath
Thanks for posting this link. The brand I heard was good was Jarrow. I know I believe one other person on this form tried the actually resin by steeping it in tea but it provided relief for a short while. But I believe the capsules are better because the active ingredients in the tea form are probably still left in the resin itself and others that are ingested with the tea are probably destroyed by our stomach acid. The capsules are far reaching and guaranteed to give you an accurate dosing. 1000mg in the morning and then again in the evening is what I think is a good dose for me based on that topic. Also, because it is anitbacterial I believe taking probiotics is a must. I'm thinking of going for it.
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:08 am
by mike987
I've used Jarrow oral probiotics. I liked them, and they probably did as much good as an oral probiotic can do.
Here's quick link for the product:
http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-M ... B0013OVVAK
Anyone want to try? I'll probably buy some but will have to wait till my father can send me a package (he just sent one, so it's probably not going to happen soon

)
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:37 am
by hope4now
I just got my order today from Swanson Vitamins. I took one capsule of Jarrow Mastic Gum this evening. I plan to take it from now on in the morning on an empty stomach. I have no idea if I have HP but it's worth a try.
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:11 am
by Virtuous Viking
Just got my order for Jarrow Mastic Gum too. It says to "take 2 capsules per day with water or juice before breakfast". I'll have to wait till tomorrow.
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:24 am
by Renew
Hello, just wanna give my 2 cents about mastic gum. I tried it about 5 years ago with poor results. Not saying it won't work for some but IMHO its just not effective on such resilient bacterium. I wanted an alternative to taking antibiotics. Mastic gum seem to work for some so I gave it a shot. After taking 3 bottles @ $60/ bottle I thought I had surly rid myself of h. pylori and didn’t give it another thought. About a year ago I wondered why I always had diarrhea and lots gas along with my BB. Had another H. pylori test done and it came back positive. This time I bit the bullet and did the quadruple treatment which consisted of PPI, bismuth and 2 types of antibiotics for 10 days. Got tested again after a month, still positive. Did a 2nd round of treatment for 2 weeks with ppi, bismuth and 3 other types of antibiotics before I rid myself of it. BB still here but h. pylori is negative. These buggers are tough to rid and even when u do they can reappear later. This may have happened in my situation but doubt it.
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:26 pm
by Shit4Breath
Renew
based on the topix post I've posted members were saying that once you are cured you should take a maintenance dose for a month annually to keep the bacteria at bay. So within that year before you started getting symptoms again another monthly dose would probably have prevented you from taking those two rounds of triple therapy antibiotics. I just ordered mine today and also plan on ordering some of the mastic resin chewing gum from amazon as well. I not only want to cleanse my stomach but my mouth as well when trying to get rid of these buggars. Also, taking plenty of probiotics is a must when using anything antibacterial especially after treatment. Cheers