Low Carb Diet
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:55 am
So i wanted to share with you all something that i tried last week, a low carb diet coupled with grapefruit seed extract and anti allergy tablets.
I have bad breath related to the biofilm on my tongue (and maybe otherplaces in my mouth) and have been flossing and scraping for years but like many my bad breath would return within an hour and sometimes sooner.
So I looked into what can feed the bacteria and the main results were carbohydrates and mucous(such as from PND). I thought i would try low carb for a week whilst taking some pills for allergies to lessen muscous production, and it honestly did lessen my BB. My tongue was alot cleaner throughout the day with much less biofilm on it.
I wouldn't say it completely went away but when i scraped my tongue i could feel confident for atleast a couple of hours before having to eat something to cover any smell.
The reason i only tried for a week is because i did not want to lose too much weight. I will also add that i cut out dairy for this week because i had a feeling it might have something to do with the biofilm production and i have read that it can irritate the digestive system.
Has anyone else had an experience with low carb diets? I think my next step is to pin point whether or not one thing alone (such as cutting out dairy) was the key player or whether i will have to do all at once and somehow work carbs back into my diet once i feel the bacteria is undercontrol.
tl:dr : I tried a low carb diet, drank water with grapefruit seed extract, took allergy pills to lessen mucous, cut out dairy and maintained usual oral hygiene such as scraping and flossing.
I have bad breath related to the biofilm on my tongue (and maybe otherplaces in my mouth) and have been flossing and scraping for years but like many my bad breath would return within an hour and sometimes sooner.
So I looked into what can feed the bacteria and the main results were carbohydrates and mucous(such as from PND). I thought i would try low carb for a week whilst taking some pills for allergies to lessen muscous production, and it honestly did lessen my BB. My tongue was alot cleaner throughout the day with much less biofilm on it.
I wouldn't say it completely went away but when i scraped my tongue i could feel confident for atleast a couple of hours before having to eat something to cover any smell.
The reason i only tried for a week is because i did not want to lose too much weight. I will also add that i cut out dairy for this week because i had a feeling it might have something to do with the biofilm production and i have read that it can irritate the digestive system.
Has anyone else had an experience with low carb diets? I think my next step is to pin point whether or not one thing alone (such as cutting out dairy) was the key player or whether i will have to do all at once and somehow work carbs back into my diet once i feel the bacteria is undercontrol.
tl:dr : I tried a low carb diet, drank water with grapefruit seed extract, took allergy pills to lessen mucous, cut out dairy and maintained usual oral hygiene such as scraping and flossing.