Eosinophilic Esophagitis
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:15 pm
Has anyone looked into eosinophilic esophagitis as a cause? as i mentioned I believe my bb is coming from my esophagus and with EE your immune system is basically attacking your body due to allergy responses which cause your esophagus to inflame and can cause GI motility problems and food impaction in the esophagus. EE can be triggered by inhaled or ingested allergens. I have hayfever/seasonal allergies due to pollen and so I can't help but breathe pollen in. I also believe I am allergic to certain fruits, nuts, and vegetables or either the pesticides used on them. Sometimes I get an itchy throat or lips when eating them but I notice when I eat organic this doesn't happen. I need to get tested for food allergies I know but just wanted to know if anyone else knows more about this. Apparently, doctors misdiagnose this with Gerd all the time and it needs to be specifically asked and tested for.