Page 1 of 1
Something not so damn depressing!
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:13 am
by Debbykakz
There seems to be a lot of lonely, venting, depression, angry forums. With my BB sometimes I forget about the things I CAN do. Like enjoy a really good book, or go to the movies (during the day when a lot of people aren't there), the state park, there's nothing stopping us from doing things we enjoy! We just have to learn to adjust our social lives. I use to let my BB hold me back but I find that discovering new things to do that improve my self worth are great for self esteem and confidence!

Music, the arts, blogging, working out...there will always be activities for us out there, we just have to know where to look.
Oh and has anyone read "Fifty Shades of Grey"? Totally have fallen for the trilogy.
"...yea, I've got BB? But can you rock a drumset like me bitches?!...yea, that's right, didn't think so..."

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:39 pm
by HigherThoughts
Yea you're right. We can still enjoy a lot of things. I'm very thankful we have the Internet. Without it I never would have been able to find a community like this. People who had to live with this problem way back had to deal with being alone a lot more than we do.
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:06 pm
by Debbykakz
"If positivity was a person...I'd high five that bitch!"
When I first found this sight, I was in a bad place. On the edge of serious depression, I didn't know how much connecting with others like me would improve my outlook on life. I realized that there are people who are living with the same bs I go through and that I had a choice to stop living or deal with it the best way possible. So I got fit and bit sexier ;p and decided that if people were gonna talk about me, I'd make sure they would say. "That girl had BB, but damn she cool, or funny, or accomplished, or cute, ect." I just hope that I get the chance to blog more and remind others the optimism doesn't always lead to letdowns, sometimes it leads to self fulfillment

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:32 pm
by trenski
Debbykakz wrote:"If positivity was a person...I'd high five that bitch!"
When I first found this sight, I was in a bad place. On the edge of serious depression, I didn't know how much connecting with others like me would improve my outlook on life. I realized that there are people who are living with the same bs I go through and that I had a choice to stop living or deal with it the best way possible. So I got fit and bit sexier ;p and decided that if people were gonna talk about me, I'd make sure they would say. "That girl had BB, but damn she cool, or funny, or accomplished, or cute, ect." I just hope that I get the chance to blog more and remind others the optimism doesn't always lead to letdowns, sometimes it leads to self fulfillment

I totally agree!!!! It's always refreshing to know that there is more to us than having BB...It's good to hear ppl say she's cool, cute, nice etc....and working to improve ourselves is always a positive thing...working out, eating better....for some reason most ppl always focus on my BB..I am truly a really sweet & nice person..I'm actually very introverted, shy and withdrawn...I would be this way if I didn't have BB it's just my personality...but BB makes it worse.
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:56 pm
by Debbykakz
Sweetheart, I ask myself everyday, if I had some other debilitating condition would I be more or less depressed or withdrawn then I have the potential to be now? Idk if I would be but I do know that, my BB is how people will probably always identify me. It's a part of me I can work to change but can't at the moment. Sort of like my skin color, accent or hair. The best I can do is make the best of my situation.
The up side of this is that I've learned to speak in a way that interests people enough to want to deal with my BB

lol which slightly manipulative. but I'm careful with what I say because 1. I already have a point against me from my BB and 2. I can't let it be the thing draws everyone away from me.
I wish there was a dating sight/extention of this website. Even without face to face contact knowing someone cares about you helps with the isolation so much. Would yall agree? <3
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:22 pm
by jess
Debbykakz wrote:
I wish there was a dating sight/extention of this website. Even without face to face contact knowing someone cares about you helps with the isolation so much. Would yall agree? <3
I agree with you!

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:18 am
by HigherThoughts
I know someone here created a dating site for people with bb, it's
http://hopemovo.org
I haven't really looked through it much so don't know how active it is. It would definitely be nice for me to connect with a girl even if I can't see her face to face.
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:54 am
by jess
HigherThoughts wrote:I know someone here created a dating site for people with bb, it's
http://hopemovo.org
I haven't really looked through it much so don't know how active it is. It would definitely be nice for me to connect with a girl even if I can't see her face to face.
I may be wrong but I thought this site you're referring to was for people with tmau, not bb specifically.
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:52 pm
by deebo
jess wrote:HigherThoughts wrote:I know someone here created a dating site for people with bb, it's
http://hopemovo.org
I haven't really looked through it much so don't know how active it is. It would definitely be nice for me to connect with a girl even if I can't see her face to face.
I may be wrong but I thought this site you're referring to was for people with tmau, not bb specifically.
No. But also what is the social difference of bb from tmau and other chronic bb ? Are we not treated the same ? Its not unlikely that many bb member have tmau . Anyway , the site is for chronic odor sufferers . To network , possibly meet ,and even date .

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:25 pm
by jess
There's probably not a social difference between chronic bb and bb from tmau and we're most likely treated the same; I just thought the site was for people with tmau since it is a condition on its own, different from chronic bb. Anyway now that you say it's for chronic odor sufferers, everybody knows.