Your Email Address:

First Name:

LPR and/or Gastritis

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
thissux
Advanced

LPR and/or Gastritis

Post by thissux »

Hello to all,

I am new to this forum and have recently started posting. Tomorrow I have to do some work at our local park here and I do not feel like taking the bus, nor do I want to be around people. At least it will be outside, but I will have to talk to some people. Anyhow, I have been taking Pylera antibiotics for H Pylori with no changes to my bb. I have been on the Metro combo for six days. Does this mean it is not bacterial and rather a result of my reflux problems and my apparent (per GI doc) Gastritis?
I have been dealing with my bb issue for about six months now. I just read another post about looking back at when we did not have this issue. It was not too long ago and it does hurt to look back and how I took good breath for granted. So I am like everyone else here, trying to find a way to get the rancid taste out of my mouth. I do not think I have any tonsil stones. My tongue is coated white. Also, my bm's are not normal. Gross, yes, but they are a dark green color all of the time. Is this a lack of absorbtion? Is there any way to get rid of the constant refluxing? I quit drinking, smoking....I have always been a healthy eater but did have a drinking issue a good part of my life. Will this get better through abstaining? Does anyone have GI issues here that can relate with this? I am taking Prilosec but it does not seem to stop the reflux. My mouth tastes awful....bitter, sour, nasty taste. I take probiotics now and digestive enzymes. My mom tells me my breath does not smell but I have had it confirmed by my doctors. Yes, it is bad.
Will my insides heal if I eat right....has anyone on here overcome GI issues as the cause and now have fresh breath?
Thank you so much for this board.
Everyone is in my prayers - this is tough to handle.
Any ideas on a new career in which I do not have to be around people?
Thanks all!

hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

I think that was my post you are referring to thissux. There are so many different causes and reasons for bb it is hard to say anything. I know when I take antibiotics it cures me immediately but then bb always return. Personally I think my bb is related to an imbalanced homeostatis in my body that started from overloading on antibiotics my stupid doctors kept prescribing to me in the first place. But to answer your question, yes acid reflux in the form of gerd or lpr can cause bad breath. There was a member here by the name of free2breath911 that said she was cured from taking proton pump inhibitors, you may want to look back at her posts. She chronicalized her journey very well here but she has not returned so I am not sure if she is still cured today.
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

Hi hali_grl,

Thanks for the reply. I am fairly sure the reflux is my problem. I starting drinking some baking soda yesterday, 1/2 teaspoon and it seemed to give some temporary reflief though I am unsure as to how long. I know you can buy baking soda gum (i.e. from Amazon) but I am unsure if this will have the same effect. It isn't cheap but I may try this, if it worked at least I might be a bit more functional.
Yes, I could relate to your post. I miss going out to dinner with family and friends and not worrying. I hate to go now. I miss going to the gym - that is my refuge and I am not going. It sucks and I do cry at times. I don't want to hear love songs etc.
So how can I find this persons posts - the one that healed herself via PPI's? I am on antibiotics right now, but I do not think they have cured me, I think the baking soda had helped some. I would like to read their posts and look at what they took and the duration. My stomach makes noise all of the time, my tongue has a coating and looks dry, I get water brash, sour taste in mouth...all kinds of fun stuff. [-o< I pray every day and started doing positive mantras yesterday. The main one being "I am healthy and I am well".
I relapsed on alcohol, I have been in recovery from that for a while. This makes me want to drink again. I hate it. I do not want to go to meetings because of it. Does baking soda hurt us or can we use this? Has anyone looked at "alkalizing" their system? If so, please advise. There are books out on this matter. Does anyone know if gastritis heals? Reflux? If yes, how aside from surgery?

Any feedback would be appreciated - please advise hali_grl about the previous poster and how to view her posts.

Best regards,
thissux
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic