Head scratcher
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:54 pm
Well first off I am new here, I've been reading threads and posts and I'm somewhat relieved (strangely) that others are going through Bad Breath Issues just like me.
all of my life i've never had breath issues, high school was fine, girlfriends-having fun etc no problems there.
Only in the past 6 months I've had horrendous breath.
I popped out alot of small tonsil stones.
I did a tongue wrist lick test- it stunk absolutely wretched and i'm shocked nobody ever confronted or said anything about my breath.
I recently had tonsillitis and I've currently got a sinus infection (which i've taken anti-biotics for).
Now my breath has greatly reduced if not gone I dare say.
But here's where my story is confusing.
I can talk to people right in their face and they will not bat an eye lid or flinch. no reaction whatsoever (good times). but I will rarely get the odd comment "have you farted?" and the other day in the pub I coulda sworn a woman yelled "has he shit himself?" maybe I misheard her and me being so paranoid thought she said that.
Before I cleaned my tongue I would frequently get comments "it smells like you haven't wiped your ass in 4 days" and someone actually turning a fan on to blow away the poop smell. All VERY embarrassing for me but I just blew it off as a bad gasy stomach to avoid breath embarassment.
but now I'm very good in my oral hygiene.
waterpik, clean teeth, mouth wash 3 times a day.
When I do the lick test now their is ZERO scent whatsover. no smell from my tonsils. I even do the pulling your cheeks in and out fast and exhaling to smell the breath. now a scent does come out but its more of a watery smell (that's the best way I can describe it).
btw my tongue has a mild white coating.
But what I don't get
Is how can i speak to people and they do not smell nothing, and do not back away from me or cough or sniff up. but sometimes I'll get the "did you fart" comment or the "has he shit himself" comment (i'm still unsure she actually said that which kills me even more). I was even flirting with the bartender 10 seconds prior to when I thought the "b***c" said that. the bartender did not flinch or give me bad looks.
So my sinus infection, does this breath come and go during the day?
after a week of nasal spray and anti-biotics my nose is still stuffy.
I can literally do the saliva, tongue and gum lick test and no smell at all. so is my fecal breath just down to my smelly sinuses?
I feel uncomfortable to breath around people now, it's just ruining life. doctors prove useless in these situations I find, i've been to the doctors 5 times, EVERYTIME a different doctor too, it frustrates me.
I think maybe I'm heavily paranoid looking for peoples reactions, like I may misread someone just casually sniffing up or coughing, or gently rubbing their nose. for one instance someone at work kinda made a face at me while i was talking to her, but i was crafty and watched her speaking with another colleague and she made the same face. so that perked me up knowing it's just a stupid face she makes lol
sometimes I think this is in my head as I can talk to people and they will not move an inch and get right in my face.
Sorry for the long post, I just need to vent months worth of confusion and sadness.
I'm shocked doctors are mythed on this subject.
all of my life i've never had breath issues, high school was fine, girlfriends-having fun etc no problems there.
Only in the past 6 months I've had horrendous breath.
I popped out alot of small tonsil stones.
I did a tongue wrist lick test- it stunk absolutely wretched and i'm shocked nobody ever confronted or said anything about my breath.
I recently had tonsillitis and I've currently got a sinus infection (which i've taken anti-biotics for).
Now my breath has greatly reduced if not gone I dare say.
But here's where my story is confusing.
I can talk to people right in their face and they will not bat an eye lid or flinch. no reaction whatsoever (good times). but I will rarely get the odd comment "have you farted?" and the other day in the pub I coulda sworn a woman yelled "has he shit himself?" maybe I misheard her and me being so paranoid thought she said that.
Before I cleaned my tongue I would frequently get comments "it smells like you haven't wiped your ass in 4 days" and someone actually turning a fan on to blow away the poop smell. All VERY embarrassing for me but I just blew it off as a bad gasy stomach to avoid breath embarassment.
but now I'm very good in my oral hygiene.
waterpik, clean teeth, mouth wash 3 times a day.
When I do the lick test now their is ZERO scent whatsover. no smell from my tonsils. I even do the pulling your cheeks in and out fast and exhaling to smell the breath. now a scent does come out but its more of a watery smell (that's the best way I can describe it).
btw my tongue has a mild white coating.
But what I don't get
Is how can i speak to people and they do not smell nothing, and do not back away from me or cough or sniff up. but sometimes I'll get the "did you fart" comment or the "has he shit himself" comment (i'm still unsure she actually said that which kills me even more). I was even flirting with the bartender 10 seconds prior to when I thought the "b***c" said that. the bartender did not flinch or give me bad looks.
So my sinus infection, does this breath come and go during the day?
after a week of nasal spray and anti-biotics my nose is still stuffy.
I can literally do the saliva, tongue and gum lick test and no smell at all. so is my fecal breath just down to my smelly sinuses?
I feel uncomfortable to breath around people now, it's just ruining life. doctors prove useless in these situations I find, i've been to the doctors 5 times, EVERYTIME a different doctor too, it frustrates me.
I think maybe I'm heavily paranoid looking for peoples reactions, like I may misread someone just casually sniffing up or coughing, or gently rubbing their nose. for one instance someone at work kinda made a face at me while i was talking to her, but i was crafty and watched her speaking with another colleague and she made the same face. so that perked me up knowing it's just a stupid face she makes lol
sometimes I think this is in my head as I can talk to people and they will not move an inch and get right in my face.
Sorry for the long post, I just need to vent months worth of confusion and sadness.
I'm shocked doctors are mythed on this subject.