THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Alternate source for sodium chlorite / chlorine dioxide

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Cort
Total Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:20 am

Alternate source for sodium chlorite / chlorine dioxide

Post by Cort »

Hi everyone,

I've had mild success with Therabreath and ProFresh over the years (for me, they have a strong influence for about 15-30 minutes and slightly reduce morning breath if taken before bed). However, those mouthwashes are expensive, so I decided to buy what I believe to be the similar ingredients (sodium chlorite and citric acid) in solid powder form. These are used as drinking water disinfectant:

http://sporting-goods.shop.ebay.com//15 ... 86.c0.m282

Although these are meant to be ingested, keep in mind that sodium chlorite may be dangerous in high, non-standard concentrations.

With $12 shipping, 14 oz of sodium chlorite and 16 oz of citric acid came to $50. Solutions of the two ingredients can be mixed to form chlorine dioxide, or the sodium chlorite can be used alone as a disinfectant. ProFresh's two-part formula and the Therabreath's one-part formula may work on similar principles.

I don't know how many doses this will make, but I'm hoping that it will be substantially cheaper than the mouthwashes. (The seller claims that this is enough sodium chlorite to disinfect around 12,000 gallons of drinking water.)

Will try low concentrations and work up incrementally. For reference, I can compare the bleaching ability of different concentrations with the commercial mouthwashes.

Haven't received this product in the mail yet, but I'll keep you all posted on how well this idea works. If you try this yourself, do so at your own risk and be sure to understand the possible hazards. I'm not a doctor, dentist, or scientist.

- Cort
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗