THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Could receding gums be the cause?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Mousie
Total Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:35 am

Could receding gums be the cause?

Post by Mousie »

I've always had good oral hygiene and go to the dentist on a regular basis. I have always been sure thar my bb is NOT due to poor hygiene. However, I am pretty sure I have a receding gum on one tooth due to excessive brushing with tooth brush bristles that we're too hard. On The side of my mouth with the receding gum , I also get tonsil stones, but just on that same side. Also, if I skip a day or two of flossing, the floss on that side smells terrible. I have extremely sensitive teeth, but my dentist has never recommended that I go to a periodontist. He just says to use sensodyne.

Could receding gums be the cause of bad breath even if it's not due to gum disease?

I also have an extremely white coated tongue, that tongue brushing will not remove. Also post nasal drip ans allergies. I've always thought my bad breath was related to the post nasal drip, but I recently had turbinate coblation to reduce it, and the pnd was reduced but bad breath is still there

Has anybody has the same problem with your gums? Do you think this could be the cause?
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

I think we discussed this once on here, about porousity of teeth and the possibility that bacteria are able to get into any porous parts. If you have receeded gum, that does expose the the boney area of the tooth, and it's possible that they could begin to harbor bacteria and become odourous.

If you have areas where the enamel has become thin or the tooth has hairline fractures - whatever it is that makes them sensitive, then in theory bacteria could get in there and cause some odour. Maybe a dentist could do something?

Have you tried sensodyne toothpaste? these really do work to fill those areas responsible for the sensitivity.

I've never heard of any associations with sensitive teeth and BB, but what I am certain of is that we all have individial natural susceptibility and tendency to suffer with BB. An identical situation in one mouth mouth might cause BB and nothing in another.
Frantix
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:41 am
Location: Germany

Post by Frantix »

I´ve heard of a synthetic enamel that dentist use to cover porous teeth. especially wisdom teeth show this problem. i´m thinking about to give it a try. the costs are not small but manageable.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗