Page 1 of 1

My tonsils smell terrible

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:54 pm
by DanielPine
Hi, the other day I was poking around my mouth and I poked my tonsils. They were all bubbly and one was inside out i think. I smelt my finger. it smelt like poo REALLY BAD, just like my bad breath. What does this mean

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:38 pm
by time4change
I did that too, got a shock first time from the smell couldnt believe how bad it was. I still have my tonsils and am no expert at all just know what your going through. I think tonsil stones can be the cause of smell in the tonsils, but there might be different reasons as to why you get them.

My tonsils release a yellowy coloured liquid which stinks if i squeeze them, so am thinking it might be a chronic infection inside the tonsils, even though the outside dont look infected.

Have you seen a doctor about your tonsils or thought about getting them removed?

Re: My tonsils smell terrible

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:18 pm
by Brad123
DanielPine wrote:Hi, the other day I was poking around my mouth and I poked my tonsils. They were all bubbly and one was inside out i think. I smelt my finger. it smelt like poo REALLY BAD, just like my bad breath. What does this mean
This just means that the back of your mouth smells like most people's does which smells like poo. Just read my post below and try different combinations of foods until it doesn't smell like poo anymore. Bad breath is really simple to correct when you use the back of the tongue as a diagnostic tool.

viewtopic.php?t=4726

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:01 pm
by aues
I'd recommend getting a tonsillectomy.