Page 1 of 1
What worls for me:
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:53 am
by thanatos
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:32 am
by waitingforrelief
i'm glad you found hours of relief with this regimen, thanatos.
i wish therabreath worked for me, but it didn't. and it made my tongue kind of permanently white. i don't know what that rinse that you use is - never heard of it.
this just goes to show we should never completely dismiss anything to be totally useless.
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:30 am
by oneway
Though my breath has never been so bad as to fill a room or a car, it was at it's worst at the end of last year when it literally smelled like shit. I used Dentyl PH and therabreath spray and nothing helped.
What works for me now is the following:
Avoid milk,coffee, onions, garlic etc.
Brush throroughly with a ordinary toothpaste.
After I brush, I chew on the toothpaste. This spreads the foam all over the oral cavity including under the tongue, roof the mouth and all over the tongue.
Rinse well with plain water and scrape tongue.
Stick tongue out as far as it can go and brush. Brush circular and then brush forwards. This brings up more gunk. I liken it to cleaning a carpet, go against the grain to get stuff off.Scrape tongue again. I go really far back. Years of prodding and poking have lessened my gag reflex. I can go as far as the tonsils and not gag.
Rinse with water.
Gargle with warm salt water, making sure the water reaches far back. Spit and you're done.
Extraordinarily, this simple regimen has REALLY helped. People don't seem to tweak their noses or step back anymore.
I must add that controlling my acid relfux problem by eating smaller meals and losing some weight has helped as well.
I am a vegetarian but if I eat a protein heavy meal like soya burgers etc, my breath gets worse. So I repeat the brushing mentioned above.
I must add that my source of BB is strictly oral. I don't have any allergies, sinus problems etc. I have mild post nasal drip but my vigorous tongue brushing and hawking and spitting removes it all. No problems with digestion.
Things I have tried unsuccessfully for BB
All the available mouthrinses for BB and normal mouths including and not limited to: commercial lavoris, therabreath, smartmouth(trioral), breezecare, dentyl PH, chlorohexidine gluconate, other commercial mouthwashes. (Mouthwashes make my breath worse. I don't know why. I think going off of all the germ killers has allowed my mouth to try to reach a state of equilibium. I really think that is what is happening with me.)
Hydrofloss
pH water
Antacids and breath capsules
Baking soda and peroxide
Cleanses
Chlorella and spirulina
Mastic gum
Am I cured? I don't know. I do know that the usual responses I have been used to since age 12 have gone away. I was at a party last weekend and as I was talking, I could smell something and I thought everyone could smell it. I was talking for a long time and usually this allows my breath to saturate the air so people usually smell something, however, there were people sitting at arm's length and not one tweaked their nose or drew back. It was a good feeling.
I am cautiously optimistic, that's all I will say.
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:42 pm
by shorty
Here's what I use
1.
Extra Strength Therabreath tooth paste and mouthwash.
It doesn't discolor my teeth or hurt them. I can't use regular toothpaste because of the soap thats in it. Crest, Colgate and other toothpaste would make my breath really bad. My mouth would be hot and dry like a dragon's breath

Also mouth wash with alcohol made my breath really bad.
2.
Blis K12 Freshbreath kit. I'm from the USA but I order this from New Zealend. It works pretty good.
3.
Gogi Juice I don't know if this helps but I drink a cap ful every morning.
4.
Use Tung brush It is awesome. It gets alot of bacteria off my tongue
5.
Nullo but I have only used it for a month I think its helping.
6.
I brush three times a day(breakfast,lunch and before I go to bed).7. Try not to eat to much meat. I eat more fruits and vegtables.
8.
Therabreath Extra Strength gum and mints during the day between brushing.
My breath isn't that bad anymore.

All of these things has helped. I wish there was just one thing that helped. This is so expensive but as long as it helps my breath I don't care.
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:10 pm
by Jimi Stein
Maybe Lavoris can recreate these products by lower price and kick out the competition.
I know for sure that the cost of each mouthwash is probably only 5 % of final price - but hey these poor experts need money so bad
Re: What worls for me:
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:36 pm
by Larc400
thanatos wrote: Reactions from people are greatly diminished for sometimes up to 5 hours IF I keep my mouth moist with gum and water & don't eat anything.
Hi Thanatos, good to see you have some control over it. What's your tactic after (protein heavy) meals..? Do you do that whole regime straight after, or do you have a quick fix that you use?
Also, which TheraBreath rinse do you use, and does it contain zinc..? If so, have you noticed any negatives from this - ie drying of the mouth after prolonged use?
Thanks x1000,
K

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:26 pm
by noptical
Jimi wrote:Maybe Lavoris can recreate these products by lower price and kick out the competition.
I know for sure that the cost of each mouthwash is probably only 5 % of final price - but hey these poor experts need money so bad
If it works it will kick the competition in the balls even if the price is the same, word of mouth marketing will do its wonder.
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:07 pm
by thanatos
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:07 pm
by waitingforrelief
oneway wrote:
Gargle with warm salt water, making sure the water reaches far back. Spit and you're done.
Extraordinarily, this simple regimen has REALLY helped. People don't seem to tweak their noses or step back anymore.
I must add that controlling my acid relfux problem by eating smaller meals and losing some weight has helped as well.
I
hey oneway, good to hear that your bb has improved.
i have completely stopped using toothpaste myself and only rinse and brush with salt water in my mouth. i found that it has helped also. i still did get reactions when i was on that, and my mouth still tasted bad. but i'd literally rinse with salt water every hour or so when i had to be around people.
regarding mastic gum - check the thread on mastic. if you've only tried the gum, maybe you should try pure mastic as well. it's been working extremely well for another member, and has controlled my bb as well. even tho' the bb is not gone, i feel much more relieved with the help of mastic right now. even chewing natural mastic doesn't help as much soaking it in water and drinking the liquid. so try it if you can/want.
i also find eating small meals to be helpful for bb. however, i've always had a problem with emotional eating to begin with. with having to be so extra vigilant and careful about what i eat because of bb, it makes me eat all kinds of food that are not good for my breath and even my health when i'm alone as a way to compensate the feeling of restriction. and so i tend to binge as well and end up feeling like shit, both because i'd be so stuffed and tired, and also because of worse breath.
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:41 am
by xoxo
Oil Pulling (oilpulling.com). I still have BB but it helps drain mucus in the sinuses. It's really effective I urge those with mucus problems to give it a go. Try curezone.com for additional info.
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:48 pm
by oneway
thanks waitingforrelief!
I previously tried mastic gum pills made for people with H.pylori in their stomachs and it did nothing for me. I even tried mastic toothpaste imported from Greece. I think I will try the plain mastic gum in water now.
Thanks for the tip!
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:38 pm
by jc
I never believed that a mouthwash can cure my bb, for obvious reasons, but John`s success inspired me to give it another try. I asked the local pharmacy about new mouthwashes in the market & I`ve decided to try an all natural product. After two weeks of trial I can say that the result is progressive. The ingredients of this mouthwash are chamomile, tea tree, peppermint, myrrh,thyme, propolis & xylitol. I hope & pray that this isn`t a two week wonder & that it completely cures my bb in the long run. Godbless everyone.