Page 1 of 2
10 years of halitosis
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:41 pm
by Cres
I was twelve when I realized I might have bad breath because my mouth tasted funny. Later in school some kids insulted me for the bad breath when I came closer. From here it became gradually worse and worse and now the whole apartment smells like crap.
I've consulted 7 specialists who couldn't help. I've tried almost as many different antibiotics and some probiotics. This year I tried antifungal medicine because I had candida albicans but apparently it wasn't the cause for my problem, because the medicine didn't help. I've had two endoscopies (colon and stomach) and nothing abnormal turned out. My teeth are fine.
So now I'm certain it comes from my lungs or there's something seriously wrong with my metabolism. No matter what I eat or do, the problem persists. It ruined my whole life. I had to stop studying and I'm unemployed. I can't be social or go to a gym even if I wanted to. I tried s*****e a while back and I'm considering it again.
There are no good clinics in my country specifically for this problem nor do I have enough money (yet) to go overseas.
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:18 pm
by DanielPine
Dont worry mate

were all on the same boat. A lot of the reason bad breath has an impact on our lives is because we let it. If we are confident and stop being paranoid things get a lot better. I believe a lot of the nose rubbing we see and believe is because of our bad breath is because of paranoya. A lot of people just rub their nose because its itchy, or rest their head on their nose because theyre tired
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:25 pm
by Source
Cres, s*****e is never the answer. Trust me.
Have you ever considered that you may have Post Nasal Drip and/or sinus problems?
Do you notice a difference in the taste and smell of water after a few minutes of taking a sip from the glass/cup?
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:38 am
by halitosisux
I read an unrelated news article last week that said humans touch their noses on average about 100 times a day.
So, if you had an average of around 10 people in your vicinity during the day and you look for nose rubs, ur gonna see about a 1000 of them.
Cres, have you had any kind of tests for metabolic disorders?
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:20 am
by Cres
Source wrote:
Have you ever considered that you may have Post Nasal Drip and/or sinus problems?
Do you notice a difference in the taste and smell of water after a few minutes of taking a sip from the glass/cup?
My nose isn't blocked and my sinuses seemed to be fine last time I got them x-rayed. I don't recall noticing any differences in water taste.
halitosisux wrote:
Cres, have you had any kind of tests for metabolic disorders?
No but I'll probably bring that up when I see a doctor this month.
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:06 am
by aues
No apparent reason for bb?
Still got wisdom teeth and dentists say they are sure that those teeth can't possibly be bb-related? Get them out anyway - immediately.
Still got your tonsils and doctors say they are sure that those tonsils can't possibly bb-related? Get them out anyway - immediately.
These two tips are from a guy who suffered from bb for years and every doctor said to him that he is perfectly healthy. Now he is bad breath even after dozens of hours without proper oral hygiene...
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:13 pm
by Cres
aues wrote:No apparent reason for bb?
Still got wisdom teeth and dentists say they are sure that those teeth can't possibly be bb-related? Get them out anyway - immediately.
Still got your tonsils and doctors say they are sure that those tonsils can't possibly bb-related? Get them out anyway - immediately.
I never had tonsillitis and I don't see how I could get my tonsils removed when apparently they're healthy. I haven't got wisdom teeth yet, that'll happen in a few years, I'm 22. One x-ray photo revealed I have a tooth deeply trapped in my front lower jaw and doctor doubted it's an actual wisdom tooth so it's something else I guess.
I have a moderate case of gingivitis though, which I didn't have when my bb started.
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:36 pm
by aues
Cres wrote:I never had tonsillitis
Yeah. But that wasn't the question. You have tonsils -> get them out if you find a doctor willing to do so.
Regarding wisdom teeth: Please upload an xray of your teeth.
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:45 pm
by Cres
aues wrote:Cres wrote:I never had tonsillitis
Regarding wisdom teeth: Please upload an xray of your teeth.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/72315244/cres/xray.jpg
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:30 pm
by aues
Maybe someone could judge it?
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:55 pm
by Cres
aues wrote:
Maybe someone could judge it?
It's more than welcome.
However my new plan is to get/save money so I can visit a BB Clinic in Berkeley. That's basically my last straw.
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:50 pm
by aues
Cres wrote:aues wrote:
Maybe someone could judge it?
It's more than welcome.
However my new plan is to get/save money so I can visit a BB Clinic in Berkeley. That's basically my last straw.
Hmm. In general I don't trust these bad breath clinics. Most don't know much more than "ordinary" doctors know. And I have read that it's all about selling things. Maybe this doesn't apply to the Berkeley bb clinic - I just don't know.
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:18 pm
by Cres
aues wrote:
Hmm. In general I don't trust these bad breath clinics. Most don't know much more than "ordinary" doctors know. And I have read that it's all about selling things. Maybe this doesn't apply to the Berkeley bb clinic - I just don't know.
I know what you mean, but you should read this. He's clearly not an ordinary doctor, he seems very specialized and I emailed with him.
http://www.breathcure.com/v/bad-breath/clinic.html
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:55 am
by aues
In case you visit this bb clinc we'd be happy to hear your experience.
Wish you all the best. Stay positive!
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:44 am
by Cres
I still can't find a job so I could save some money. I don't want my shit life to continue anymore but I'm in a tough situation because I'm poor.