THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
How about development of a facial mask, low key
How about development of a facial mask, low key
Has anyone considered trying to develop a mask - perhaps that looks like a surgery mask or one you might wear with bad allergies, but that had the ability to filter/block our bad breath? l saw a guy at my gym with a mask on back when I didn't have this. A little odd but really not a big deal. One with charcoal filtration for instance. Has anyone ever looked into these possibilities until a cure is found for each of us? Just thinking on my toes. Do they already have these? Hell, I'd wear one if it did the job and just say I was highly allergic. I could do alot with something like that....couldn't you? If it filtered the smell.
I remember someone saying parts per million vs parts per billion. I wonder if this is possible. Money maker if it is.
Doctor posting on the site, is this possible?
Thanks!
I remember someone saying parts per million vs parts per billion. I wonder if this is possible. Money maker if it is.
Doctor posting on the site, is this possible?
Thanks!
Such as this....found it on Amazon. Would this keep the bad odors in? I could find excuses to wear it if it worked. Link below. Or sometime designed specifically for people like us, for me I have the room filling issue and I would wear one. Copy and paste link below.
http://www.amazon.com/Respro-Techno-Con ... cr_pr_pb_t
http://www.amazon.com/Respro-Techno-Con ... cr_pr_pb_t
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
I am in talk with the peoducers of batman movie to give use 10 pieces of this mask

apparently it does not let out the smells of bad breath.
PROS: you never need to brush your teeth
you can eat onions all the time, but see below
you can drink through ears
nobody will smell you
you can become hollywood movie star
CONS: You cant kiss
you cant ****ing eat
you will die soon because you cant ****ing eat
you cant never remove the mask

apparently it does not let out the smells of bad breath.
PROS: you never need to brush your teeth
you can eat onions all the time, but see below
you can drink through ears
nobody will smell you
you can become hollywood movie star
CONS: You cant kiss
you cant ****ing eat
you will die soon because you cant ****ing eat
you cant never remove the mask
I bought a 3M dust mask, but have not used it in public. I keep it in my bag. It's actually reassuring just having it. I know that if I get stuck on a train or elevator with strangers, at least I'll have relief. I am toying with the idea of taking it out at work, but I think it may make people even more uncomfortable.
But yeah this is the direction someone needs to focus on. Products that block odor. Filters designed for exhaled odor. People wear them for allergies already, so you wouldn't be a complete fool. I figure the more I have it with me, the chances I'll use it, and eventually I'll be comfortable with it everyday. It's a transition.
But the idea of putting it on, and being able to breath fully, speak normally, maybe eat a full meal of real food the night before, you know... a human... it is a great feeling just having the thing in my bag. It's like "hmm I put this on, I feel like a person, it is right here when I need it".
Just that little bit of less daily stress, 15 minutes a day of feeling good... a mask can do that. Would you rather someone look at you and wonder what allergy you have, or would you rather have 5 people smell you and look at you like you should just drop your waste of sperm ass off the earth already.
But yeah this is the direction someone needs to focus on. Products that block odor. Filters designed for exhaled odor. People wear them for allergies already, so you wouldn't be a complete fool. I figure the more I have it with me, the chances I'll use it, and eventually I'll be comfortable with it everyday. It's a transition.
But the idea of putting it on, and being able to breath fully, speak normally, maybe eat a full meal of real food the night before, you know... a human... it is a great feeling just having the thing in my bag. It's like "hmm I put this on, I feel like a person, it is right here when I need it".
Just that little bit of less daily stress, 15 minutes a day of feeling good... a mask can do that. Would you rather someone look at you and wonder what allergy you have, or would you rather have 5 people smell you and look at you like you should just drop your waste of sperm ass off the earth already.
Jimi - LMFAO at that mask! You are a trip. At least you can get me to laugh. I saw one of your posts where you referred to someone as a "douche cock" and I was cracking up. I bet that mask would do the job...so what are our chances at getting one like that....or perhaps a Darth Vader mask w/helmet? Seriously, if I could get away with one of the charcoal filter allergy types and it would really keep the smell from getting out - at this point I'd ****ing do it. Just have severe allergies would be my excuse. Eating, yeah, would be a problem....kissing, yeah, off the list of things to do, but you could still get laid!!! And I am a woman - I still want to do that too! Used to have an active and very fun sex life before I got hit with this freaking problem. I am cute and have a great bod, I just have death breath now. Kind of trumps the good looks doesn't it?
Elliot - have you tried your mask at all? Like at a store or on the train or bus to see if you got reactions? I tried to wear a plain medical mask in a hospital, I think it all leaked out the sides. Did you do any test runs on yours? I am serious about getting something if it may work. At least I could talk and go into a store without 15 - 20 foot reactions. I hate it.
Seriously to you both and all....what if we could get a company to design one for people like us, you know with carbon filter, fits like allergy mask and proven to keep the stench at bay? They could sell it on Amazon and then we could all go to the grocery store, the gym, the movies - it would really be something - am I right here? I had to go to the doctors office yesterday....he gave me some antihistamine nose drops to try. I really need an ENT but I do not have coverage medically yet. I hated sitting in the waiting room. Nose rubs, throat clearing, sneezing....they were slow so I had to sit there awhile, it was tramatic and horrible.
Thanks guys! thissux
Elliot - have you tried your mask at all? Like at a store or on the train or bus to see if you got reactions? I tried to wear a plain medical mask in a hospital, I think it all leaked out the sides. Did you do any test runs on yours? I am serious about getting something if it may work. At least I could talk and go into a store without 15 - 20 foot reactions. I hate it.
Seriously to you both and all....what if we could get a company to design one for people like us, you know with carbon filter, fits like allergy mask and proven to keep the stench at bay? They could sell it on Amazon and then we could all go to the grocery store, the gym, the movies - it would really be something - am I right here? I had to go to the doctors office yesterday....he gave me some antihistamine nose drops to try. I really need an ENT but I do not have coverage medically yet. I hated sitting in the waiting room. Nose rubs, throat clearing, sneezing....they were slow so I had to sit there awhile, it was tramatic and horrible.
Thanks guys! thissux
Elliot - if your mask works, which one was it....was it this:
http://www.amazon.com/6000-Series-Facep ... +face+mask
or one of these more low key types:
http://www.amazon.com/Surgical-Molded-F ... +face+mask
I like the second one better, if it had charcoal filter and did not leak the smells out.
Let me know! I am quite serious about doing this.
http://www.amazon.com/6000-Series-Facep ... +face+mask
or one of these more low key types:
http://www.amazon.com/Surgical-Molded-F ... +face+mask
I like the second one better, if it had charcoal filter and did not leak the smells out.
Let me know! I am quite serious about doing this.
Michael Jackson did it....albeit a strange bird. Take a look at his mask collection!
http://www.google.com/search?q=michael+ ... 80&bih=622
I'd rather be odd than stink.
http://www.google.com/search?q=michael+ ... 80&bih=622
I'd rather be odd than stink.
Here is a great one....could have played in the cantina in Star Wars....wouldn't be so bad without the shroud.
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=michael+ ... s:71,i:318
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=michael+ ... s:71,i:318
Sorry to hit this again, but right now I am on the phone with 3M to see if they carry one that would "keep smells in". Their phone in the states is 1-800-328-1667 option 1 for the masks and environmental stuff. I feel like a jerk calling but I am going to ask. Anyone else that wants to call, feel free to. Maybe this will get something going on a product specific for us.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
When I visited a relative in hospital a few years ago there was an elderly lady in the bed next to her. Every 15 mins or so she would spray some kind of air freshener. Smelled really nice. I never once smelled anything bad coming from her area, so I don't know whether it was effectively doing the job or whether she was doing this unnecessarily out of an irrational fear.
She probably had some kind of odour issue, incontinence maybe. But it made me think that it's quite a good lateral thinking solution, like this mask idea is.
Maybe someone could try making a slow release spray type thing that does this automatically like those automatic home air fresheners do, fitted inside some item you carry with you all the time, like a belt or a bracelet or a handbag.
Even if it doesn't 100% mask the odour, at least it lets people know you are aware of your odour and clearly can't do much else about it - pretty much what the mask would say about you too.
She probably had some kind of odour issue, incontinence maybe. But it made me think that it's quite a good lateral thinking solution, like this mask idea is.
Maybe someone could try making a slow release spray type thing that does this automatically like those automatic home air fresheners do, fitted inside some item you carry with you all the time, like a belt or a bracelet or a handbag.
Even if it doesn't 100% mask the odour, at least it lets people know you are aware of your odour and clearly can't do much else about it - pretty much what the mask would say about you too.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Everything is worth trying. The idea of a carbon filtered mask purposely made for bad breath is a good one. My cooker-hood extractor uses nothing but a carbon filter and it works really well and the cartridges last for months. So the concept of odour filtering with carbon is very well-proven. It's just making something that can work and be acceptable and comfortable to wear for long durations.
The air freshening idea was just another thought that could really help too.
When I first left school I did some building jobs and wore a standard paper mask and it was bliss being able to look at people in the eyes when talking to them. I didn't suffer from room filling or lingering BB so it only acted to deflect my breath, but it was fantastic to be able to BREATHE and speak without having to aim my breath out of harm's way.
Wearing a mask in polluted cities and germ infested buildings and transport systems is nothing abnormal in this day and age.
The air freshening idea was just another thought that could really help too.
When I first left school I did some building jobs and wore a standard paper mask and it was bliss being able to look at people in the eyes when talking to them. I didn't suffer from room filling or lingering BB so it only acted to deflect my breath, but it was fantastic to be able to BREATHE and speak without having to aim my breath out of harm's way.
Wearing a mask in polluted cities and germ infested buildings and transport systems is nothing abnormal in this day and age.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
I wore the mask because I had to, but in so doing it made me realise that it was a good way to handle my BB. Yes, my BB was only ever short-range, non-lingering BB.
The work I was doing was very physical and because of that I found it very uncomfortable wearing the mask, but I can imagine under normal circumstances it should be fine.
Sorry to go off on a tangent from the main subject, but I had a thought earlier. For people with bad smelling tongues as the sole cause of their BB - I wonder if it could ever be possible to make a "tongue cover" or a "false tongue surface" - a thin layer of some kind of plastic or rubber or silicone, which looks and feels like the top layer of the tongue, and having a super strong adhesive, and it completely covers up the tongue, preventing the production and release of odours. Bacteria underneith it could be mostly eliminated too, by starvation or some clever antibacterial coating added to the adhesive.
I might try to make a prototype of this if I can find a glue that could work and some thin layer of silicone or rubber - maybe the stuff used for securing false teeth could work.
The work I was doing was very physical and because of that I found it very uncomfortable wearing the mask, but I can imagine under normal circumstances it should be fine.
Sorry to go off on a tangent from the main subject, but I had a thought earlier. For people with bad smelling tongues as the sole cause of their BB - I wonder if it could ever be possible to make a "tongue cover" or a "false tongue surface" - a thin layer of some kind of plastic or rubber or silicone, which looks and feels like the top layer of the tongue, and having a super strong adhesive, and it completely covers up the tongue, preventing the production and release of odours. Bacteria underneith it could be mostly eliminated too, by starvation or some clever antibacterial coating added to the adhesive.
I might try to make a prototype of this if I can find a glue that could work and some thin layer of silicone or rubber - maybe the stuff used for securing false teeth could work.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.