Rounding back to an old theory for my fart BB- sinus/throat
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:56 am
Here's the order of my investigations.. what I had seriously considered to be the problem giving me BB
Oral -> Sinus/Throat -> Digestive -> Metabolic -> ..
Over the years I've considered so many possibilities, and with a wide range of symptoms all theories seemed pretty legit..
Despite my fart BB, and my poor digestion, I'm considering again that perhaps, it is indeed in the throat/behind the sinuses.
Quick recap:
Like a lot of you I have PND.
My breath seems to be offensive from extremely close, up to 7 feet at times, but from what I can tell, it's detectable best while I'm speaking, though working up a sweat and breathing hard results in my sensing a vague sewegy fog that does seem more like a metabolic problem.. but I want to make a point first.
I've been thinking about this a lot lately.. but after eating, even drinking plenty of water, even brushing teeth and tongue, and some light hacking into the sink, I STILL have food particles coming out with typically clear mucus.
Just an hour ago, I was finishing off the last of the lufenuron I had left over, so I ate some fatty foods.. A dark chocolate bar. 25 min to a half hour later, I took a shower and brushed my teeth. Hacking into the sink, the mucus had a chocolate color to it.. continuing spitting almost to the point of throat irritation, there were still traces of that chocolate coming out with mucus...
What this clearly suggests is that food and other debris can rot in my throat at any time, all the time. I can hack and hack, I can drink water and clear my throat as much as possible, but immediately, that area where those particles and bacteria were are being replenished.
As for the mucus itself, I can't smell anything on it. I can't smell my breath either, without the aid of other exhaust sources, like a person breathing near me.
But, this, along with the apparent fact that my breath is most offensive the moment I begin speaking, is good evidence that this could be the source, or a source, of my problem.
I'd also like to add that nothing I've tried has ever stopped the PND. No allergy meds or nasal sprays seem to do much. I often wonder if they have the opposite effect, by drying up the mucus to some degree, there's less drainage, and the same offending matter will remain matted in that spot.. the spot where the evil happens.
As for my digestive issues and what else, it's possible it's all stress related. I think I'm just born a stressful person.
Anyhow, I wonder.. perhaps it's not just the PND, but a small hernia.. or a small void, and area where contents in my throat get stuck and remain.. I don't know if it's closer to the sinuses or closer to the larynx, below the oral cavity.. The PND feels in the sinus region, just above the back of the mouth, but I've noticed that I'll often swallow food, and bits of it seem to get stuck somewhere without going all the way down, .. Sometimes dry pills, other times just food. It's not that distressful, it just is, and I've wondered if that is normal or not.
Last time I had a sinus endoscopy, it was about 5 seconds and the doc was only looking for polyps.. I'm not convinced he even looked well enough for those. I've also had a stomach endoscopy, but I'm sure they went straight to the stomach without considering the throat much.
I know I still have my adenoids, and I also wonder, if those are secreting the same nastiness that the tonsils in my throat were, even in small amounts in fluid form, that sticking to the back of my throat despite food and drink, clearing of the throat even... Well it could certainly be the issue too.
So I'm back to square one. Been thinking about buying a small endoscope myself and checking it out.. I just don't feel I can communicate with these 'doctors' well enough to have anything seriously considered.
Oral -> Sinus/Throat -> Digestive -> Metabolic -> ..
Over the years I've considered so many possibilities, and with a wide range of symptoms all theories seemed pretty legit..
Despite my fart BB, and my poor digestion, I'm considering again that perhaps, it is indeed in the throat/behind the sinuses.
Quick recap:
Like a lot of you I have PND.
My breath seems to be offensive from extremely close, up to 7 feet at times, but from what I can tell, it's detectable best while I'm speaking, though working up a sweat and breathing hard results in my sensing a vague sewegy fog that does seem more like a metabolic problem.. but I want to make a point first.
I've been thinking about this a lot lately.. but after eating, even drinking plenty of water, even brushing teeth and tongue, and some light hacking into the sink, I STILL have food particles coming out with typically clear mucus.
Just an hour ago, I was finishing off the last of the lufenuron I had left over, so I ate some fatty foods.. A dark chocolate bar. 25 min to a half hour later, I took a shower and brushed my teeth. Hacking into the sink, the mucus had a chocolate color to it.. continuing spitting almost to the point of throat irritation, there were still traces of that chocolate coming out with mucus...
What this clearly suggests is that food and other debris can rot in my throat at any time, all the time. I can hack and hack, I can drink water and clear my throat as much as possible, but immediately, that area where those particles and bacteria were are being replenished.
As for the mucus itself, I can't smell anything on it. I can't smell my breath either, without the aid of other exhaust sources, like a person breathing near me.
But, this, along with the apparent fact that my breath is most offensive the moment I begin speaking, is good evidence that this could be the source, or a source, of my problem.
I'd also like to add that nothing I've tried has ever stopped the PND. No allergy meds or nasal sprays seem to do much. I often wonder if they have the opposite effect, by drying up the mucus to some degree, there's less drainage, and the same offending matter will remain matted in that spot.. the spot where the evil happens.
As for my digestive issues and what else, it's possible it's all stress related. I think I'm just born a stressful person.
Anyhow, I wonder.. perhaps it's not just the PND, but a small hernia.. or a small void, and area where contents in my throat get stuck and remain.. I don't know if it's closer to the sinuses or closer to the larynx, below the oral cavity.. The PND feels in the sinus region, just above the back of the mouth, but I've noticed that I'll often swallow food, and bits of it seem to get stuck somewhere without going all the way down, .. Sometimes dry pills, other times just food. It's not that distressful, it just is, and I've wondered if that is normal or not.
Last time I had a sinus endoscopy, it was about 5 seconds and the doc was only looking for polyps.. I'm not convinced he even looked well enough for those. I've also had a stomach endoscopy, but I'm sure they went straight to the stomach without considering the throat much.
I know I still have my adenoids, and I also wonder, if those are secreting the same nastiness that the tonsils in my throat were, even in small amounts in fluid form, that sticking to the back of my throat despite food and drink, clearing of the throat even... Well it could certainly be the issue too.
So I'm back to square one. Been thinking about buying a small endoscope myself and checking it out.. I just don't feel I can communicate with these 'doctors' well enough to have anything seriously considered.