Page 1 of 1

Nutribiotic possible cure?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:02 am
by rp
I am one of the frustrated people in this forum whose halitosis has totally affected how I interact with other human beings.

I have tried everything---tongue scraper---I caused some damage--have bumps on my tongue cause I would scrape hard, Therabreath--mouthwash, probiotic, prescription Chlorohexadine, Smart Mouth, Tooth and Gum Tonic by Dental Herb Company, 3M Periomed, Listerine, Breath Rx, sugarless gum, and more throughout the years. They would work for less than 30 minutes and the halitosis would come back with a vengence. And I think one of the mouthwashes darkened my gums a little, caused further teeth staining, and can feel like I'm swishing chlorox in my mouth--pretty uncomfortable. I have tried carbamide peroxide whitening tray---but breath gets stinky especially when my mouth gets dry during work within an hour.

I have seen dentists, ENT, GI specialist--with no help at all. My current dentist enjoys giving me pricey resin fillings but so does not help with my halitosis--thanks DDS.

I am not unhygenic--I always brush at least 2-3 times a day and floss religiously. I do have PND and GERD.

Anyways, enough with venting I think Nutribiotic mouthwash with grapefruit seed extract, aloe vera, and zinc is not completely helping eliminate my stank breath but reducing the nasty sulfuric poop smelliness of it. My mouth does not taste as nasty and I do the sniff test with tongue and it does not smell as horrid as it usually does. Although after eating I definitely need a mouthwash swish.

I will let others know if this is a possible treatment for halitosis. I might try a zinc toothpaste as well. I feel for us who have to suffer through this.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:16 pm
by Archimonde
There are many claims that G.S.E. can prevent the formation of tonsil stones if gargling with it daily. You should straight up use GSE instead of a GSE-based mouthwash, you might even get better results.

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:53 am
by rp
So I've tried the nutribiotic mouthwash. I'm not sure how much it reduced my halitosis but it made the mouth taste not as nasty. However I had to stop because it badly stained my teeth and tongue. I'm also not sure if it because less effective

I'm so sad because I'm back to have no hope for a bad breath remedy. I may have to get my teeth cleaned because of the stain. I was wondering if grapefruit seed extract causes discoloration. THis mouthwash also contained zinc (I remember zince causing discoloration).

Does anyone have any other suggestions? It sucks because I want to start dating but I am so paranoid about the skanky breath!