THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

My day with the ENT "specialist"

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
badbreathe88
Junior
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:46 am

My day with the ENT "specialist"

Post by badbreathe88 »

Okay today I went to ready to get an endoscopy for h. pylori... but you know what? They didn't freaking have the equipment. This is what happens when you live in a third world country. So I couldn't get it done =/
The ENT was an old ancient man, who said that if I wanted the test done I'd have to go through anaesthesia, they then would extract some stomach juices and send it to the lab, I was like wtf, forget it.
He didn't believe I could possibly have h.pylori, and asked what symptoms I had, I sad severe stomach pain, heartburn, rosacea (he said it wasn't related to h.pylori and that it was an auto immune disease or whatever).
He said h.pylori is heliocobacter pylori, I was like dood I know what it freaking means, but instead I just nod and smile.
Conclusion: he thinks I didn't know what I was talking about.


Then I asked to have my tonsils removed, he checked my tonsils and he was like it's so-so, not too good and not too bad. I said should I get them removed and he was like "why do you want to remove something good?", well duh BB?
He gave me Doxitab to take for two weeks, and if it doesn't clear the stones, I'm demanding to get my tonsils removed.
Conclusion: he didn't want to remove them.

Well I'm still recovering from my wisdom removal surgery.
Update on that: It has been 3 weeks now, no more pain, but the smell is still there. Right side has no odor, but the left is still rotting away.
The saliva coming out tastes sour, especially at the back of the gums, so I don't really know for sure if it's my tonsils stinking up or my gums -_-
Guess I have to wait another 2 weeks until I can figure it out.
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by FedUp »

keep on at those bastards, i know what it's like to go into a doctors with much hope only to be crushed back to square one at a sucky reality.
badbreathe88
Junior
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:46 am

Post by badbreathe88 »

Some doctors don't know what they are talking about, because they have never been through what we are going through. They brush off the problems like it's nothing. Every day we suffer because we struggle to find a cure, sigh*
HigherThoughts
Advanced
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:33 pm
Location: Los Angeles, US

Post by HigherThoughts »

Yea I just met a gastroenterologist today. I should have spoken up and asked for a simple h. pylori urea breath test first. Instead I just went with what the doctor said and he made an order for some blood tests and urine test.

Also scheduled me for an endoscopy on Monday. I'm still concerned about the costs because I might still have to pay $800+ out of pocket. If I tried to get a urea breath test, it would have been done and costs would be very low.

Try to find a place that has urea breath test for h. pylori, if that is all you want to check for. It is simple, and accurate.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗