Page 1 of 2

h Pylori Positive!!!!

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:19 pm
by HopefulOne
Well I saw my doctor on Tuesday and demanded the H Pylori Test. I told him all the symptoms of H Pylori I read on the Internet. I even told him my sister tested positive....I lied. He gave me the blood test and the stool test. Last night he emailed me the results and they were both POSITIVE.

I am picking up my antibiotics tomorrow....WISH ME LUCK!!! GET TESTED EVERYBODY.

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:33 pm
by HopefulOne
Here are a list of H Pylori symptoms. Some your doctor may not know about. I have every symptom on the list except Sinus problems. I did not know H Pylori could affect your hormones For years I have been attacking this problem ALL wrong. I had pieces of the puzzle but never put them all together. I am PISSED at the medical profession. My life has been F@#KED UP OVER A TREATABLE STOMACH BUG??? GET TESTED!!!

Group One (classic H pylori symptoms)
Abdominal Pain
Acid reflux / Heartburn
Anaemia
Bad Breath
Chest Pain
Constipation
Diarrhoea
Gastritis
Nausea & Vomiting

Group Two (non-classic H pylori symptoms)
Anxiety
Depression
Fatigue / Low Energy
Headaches / Migraines
PMS
Sinus Problems
Skin: Urticaria. Rosacea, Hives, etc.
Sleep Problems
Weight Gain
Weight Loss

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:06 pm
by HopefulOne
I really want you YOUNG PEOPLE to understand the magnitude of my anger. I am 50 and retired from my excellent Federal job on disability. My symptoms depression, foggy brain, lack of concentration, joint pains, unexplained fevers, hives, pms, low libido, Halitosis, etc etc. From what I'm reading, all of my symptoms can be attributable to H Pylori, BUT DOCTOR'S DON"T KNOW THIS. They were ready to diagnose me with fibromyagia!!

I would have been making 6 figures right now. I LOVED MY JOB!! And now I make 40% of my income and I can't go back. NOT TO MENTION ALL MY FAILED MARRIAGES AND RELATIONSHIPS DUE TO BAD BREATH!!! GET TESTED AND RULE OUT H PYLORI PLEASE!!

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:32 pm
by halitosisux
Have a look at this website:-
http://www.helico.com/
Founded by Dr. Barry Marshall himself. Everything you need to know if you don't already know it.

http://www.helico.com/?q=Therapies
http://www.helico.com/?q=TreatmentForHelicobacterPylori

Good luck!

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:25 pm
by mostlylogical
I remember it was being speculated that calculus(dental) or dental dentures might be one of the possible secret reserves(that antibiotics can't reach) for H.pylori in human body.So you might want to make sure that your dental hygene is perfect before you start taking antibiotics.

Good luck!

EDIT: here is the thread it was speculated in
viewtopic.php?t=4852&highlight=calculus+pylori

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:00 am
by ThisSucks
In most cases H.Pylori magically reappears or never fully goes away after the antibiotics treatment.

What you have to do for 1 month after the treatment is written here:

viewtopic.php?t=4851

Don't underestimate this. Don't think: Pfft I don't need that, antibiotics will do the trick.

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:02 pm
by HigherThoughts
I hope your treatment helps with your bad breath. I recommend asking for the 1 day treatment.

Hali_grl posted the article about it: http://www.aafp.org/afp/2007/0201/p351.html

The 1 day treatment has the most eradication rate at 95%.

As for me I am going to get a blood test soon for h. pylori. Although I suspect maybe my problem is from liver damage I need to rule out h. pylori first.

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:04 pm
by HopefulOne
thanks for the tips guys!! The doctor ordered the helidac treatment...bismuth, flagyl, tetracycline plus a PPI. The pharmacy had to special order it. I'm going out of town so I will start the treatment upon my return.

I'm flying out tomorrow so In the meantime I've been taking 1200 mg monolaurin
twice a day with chewable pepto bismol tablets. I'm fresh enough to get on the plane.

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:42 pm
by snoopsister
Oh Hopefulone,

I am SO hoping and praying this is your cure!! I believe it will be. Enjoy every moment =D>

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:49 pm
by HigherThoughts
Did you also have room filling nasal odor, and bad taste and smell from back of your throat?

That's some of the symptoms I have along with other things.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:04 am
by MrChips
Im gonna go to the Doctors and demand to be tested for this H Pylori. I have halitosis through both mouth and nose which is room filling ](*,)

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:18 pm
by Born To Suffer
Are you cured?

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:30 pm
by ruch
Let us know how your treatment works.

I don't think I have h.pylori if those are the symptoms though... I don't have most of them..

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:19 pm
by HopefulOne
I'm on my 3rd day of Quadruple therapy with minimal side effects. The tongue coat and bad breath disappeared after the 2nd day. I am also taking Manuka Honey 16+ (purchased from my local Wegmans for 24.99) twice a day and I also eat 2 oz of broccolli sprouts per day (google the studies). I take no other supplements as directed by my Doctor. I have 11 more days of antibiotics. Afterwards I have Florastor and Jarro-Dophilus to replenesh my good bacteria.

I'm trying so hard to keep positive as I have run out of options. I have no tonsils, wisdom teeth, and don't have PND or sinus issues. Please keep me in your prayers and positive thoughts!!!

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:39 pm
by FedUp
Sorry to open an old thread but did it work?