Page 1 of 1

The Fresh Breath Centre - London

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:27 pm
by MrChips
Wondering if anyone here has had any success with The Fresh Breath Centre in London. I think its run by Dr Stemmer.
Iv suffered with BB since i was about 11, I am now 30. I travelled down to the Fresh Breath Centre when I was about 20. I had the initial appointment, where i had my mouth checked and the Halimeter was used. The result was I had BB and I was subsequently booked in for 2 more appointments. To cut a long story short I paid quite a bit of money for a scale and polish and a bottle of mouthwash. My BB was not sorted out here.
Has anyone had success here? :-({|=

Re: The Fresh Breath Centre - London

Posted: Fri May 08, 2020 8:52 am
by TP123
I would just like to echo the above for anyone thinking of trying this place. The Doctor in charge is not looking to find the source of your bad breath he is milking his cash cow and to be honest I was quite appalled at the way his service was conducted. While the Halimeter is insightful the rest of the service is a procession of sales pitches where the root of your bad breath problem is not discussed or explored. He poked a bit of plastic in my gums and because the gums bled a bit he declared I had 'gum disease'. This was despite no previous dentist ever declaring an issue with my gums and since then I have had that reconfirmed. I then paid hundreds of pounds for a slightly upgraded version of a hygienist's clean and my 'treatment' was to come in every month and pay hundreds more pounds for the same clean. He tried to sell me an electric toothbrush and was visibly disappointed when I said I'd get one online. To top it all off he gave me some chewable tablets that make the bacteria in your mouth turn a purple colour - despite already having paid almost £300 the £1 tablets were added to my bill. Disgusting. Avoid.

Re: The Fresh Breath Centre - London

Posted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:37 am
by Jimi Stein
haha like every other clinic...they advertise cure, but they can't do anything.....scam...and you have been a member for a long time, and you saw us mentioned scam clinics....they just want your money..nothing else....they might help people with minor bad breath, and those people could be helped by buying mouth wash anyways....

Re: The Fresh Breath Centre - London

Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:47 pm
by mauricio
Dear me.

Re: The Fresh Breath Centre - London

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:46 am
by petalpetal
reminds me when i flew from UK to USA to see dr anthonly dailey when i was 18, nearly 20 years ago- he must have been laughing $$$. same thing- giving me a mouthwash, saying use this multiple times a day.

Re: The Fresh Breath Centre - London

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:49 am
by mauricio
petalpetal wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:46 am reminds me when i flew from UK to USA to see dr anthonly dailey when i was 18, nearly 20 years ago- he must have been laughing $$$. same thing- giving me a mouthwash, saying use this multiple times a day.
Wow, what was the damage for trip and visit? These people are truly scam artists, embarrassing stuff.

Re: The Fresh Breath Centre - London

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:16 pm
by petalpetal
i was only 18 at the time, so i was naive, was about 500£ for flight, 300-500£ for treatment plus the hotel etc. i didnt really care at the time because i thought this would be the end of it. how wrong i was

Re: The Fresh Breath Centre - London

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:24 pm
by mauricio
any good dentist should be able to rule out oral-related causes so these clinics are absolutely disgraceful.