Well today I finally saw an ENT specialist and it was fantastic.
I told him my problems with tonsil stones and halitosis, sinus issues etc.
He said straight off the bat I will remove your tonsils to sort out the stone issues then we'll deal with the sinuses after. He took a look in my sinuses and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary although he did say there was alot of mucus up there and there might be inflammation blocking full drainage.
But now I'm waiting for a referral from my GP which with all going well, should be sent out today/tomorrow.
I will have to see the Dr. again at the hospital to discuss a surgery date then let's see what happens after.
The best part of this is that the surgery is free here in the UK. but I do have to pay for the private consultation which I don't care about.
but for now I'm feeling joy. Even if this isn't my cure it's a step in the right direction.
now it's all a big waiting game.
oh and Ii asked him if he smelt anything he said he had a cold lmao.
maybe he did but oh well. these dirty grizzly tonsils are coming out.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
My ENT Visit. wow.
-
mistakemaker
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:04 am
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
You've done well there. I understand there's more stringent criteria with tonsillectomies now in the UK. I did exactly the same thing as you've done, about 15 years ago - private consultants seem like they rub their hands together, keen to do any work they can get hold of privately, even though the NHS will pay. I'm not sure how it all works, but seeing a private consultant is the best thing to do because you get treated completely differently. I was told there's a 3 month waiting list, but I didn't want to wait so I paid to do it privately. Always good to get rid of those stones and that leakage of tonsil skank.
Good luck.
Good luck.
Good luck with the tonsil surgery.
To check your sinuses it's important to get at least a CT, not a regular X-Ray, that could show absolutely nothing, although there are sinus problems.
Even better is a CBCT of the sinuses, because it reveals even tooth related problems and has less radiation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cone_beam_ ... tomography. But this may cost a bit.
To check your sinuses it's important to get at least a CT, not a regular X-Ray, that could show absolutely nothing, although there are sinus problems.
Even better is a CBCT of the sinuses, because it reveals even tooth related problems and has less radiation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cone_beam_ ... tomography. But this may cost a bit.
-
badbreathe88
- Junior
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:46 am
-
HigherThoughts
- Advanced
- Posts: 127
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:33 pm
- Location: Los Angeles, US
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.