Page 1 of 1

bismuth

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:24 pm
by ruch
just came across this:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2005/0053556.html

anyone ever tried anything like it?

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:31 pm
by snoopsister
Did you understand the article? what are they proposing for treatment and with what?

Re: bismuth

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:02 pm
by searching
ruch wrote:just came across this. anyone ever tried anything like it?
Hello ruch,

Yes, for example mentioned in a 2008 post seen here.

And a 2007 post seen here.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:21 pm
by snoopsister
Hello aydinmur,

How do you test? is this for candida or Hpylori? and what is the treatment?

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:54 pm
by HigherThoughts
Thanks for the useful information Dr. Aydin.

I see that they treated people using something called de-nol. So I think maybe pepto-bismol does not have the required amount of bismuth salt for this sort of treatment? I know some people said pepto bismol has helped somewhat.

@snoopsister - the proposed treament is to use a drug called de-nol for people who produce sulfide gases like hydrogen sulfide and are not suffering from h pylori.

Maybe this treatment is the answer for those who don't have h. pylori. We need to get tested first using the hydrogen breath test to see if we produce methane or hydrogen sulfide compunds.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:28 am
by snoopsister
it sounds like we are getting closer to a cure

Re: bismuth

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:41 am
by ruch
searching: i noticed you mentioned that your bb had abated due to going on a low carb diet. is this still the case? i am guessing not if you are still on this forum. also, do you still use pepto bismol tablets?

i find that i find something that works for a few weeks and then my bb comes back. nothing has actually lasted..

i was just given a prescription for a tetracycline rinse today (to be used 2x/day for 2 weeks). going to give that a try.

Re: bismuth

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:49 am
by searching
ruch wrote:searching: i noticed you mentioned that your bb had abated due to going on a low carb diet. is this still the case? i am guessing not if you are still on this forum. also, do you still use pepto bismol tablets?
Hello ruch,

Since joining the forum in 2007, I’ve learned how to best-manage my BB. The pathway to finding the solution was not a straight line. My body’s above-average potential to produce BB is unchanged since then. The difference that has produced a good result is the difference in my oral-hygiene technique versus my original technique.

My oral-hygiene technique is now best-suited to cleaning the remaining anaerobic pockets that had formerly gone untouched, or formerly been incompletely cleaned. I believe the incomplete cleaning left an opportunity for anaerobic microbes to repopulate and re-putrefy immediately after my best attempt to obtain fresh breath. Now that I accomplish a more-thorough cleaning of all anaerobic pockets, my diet again includes all food types, carbohydrates among them.

I frequently visit this forum because I share our interest and concern in this condition. I seek the group’s wisdom and I remain interested in gaining insights that will lead to identifying and successfully treating the one, or more, root-causes of this condition.

BTW I occasionally use Pepto Bismol™. Orally-administered bismuth salts, e.g. bismuth subsalicylate, i.e. Pepto Bismol™, or bismuth subgallate, i.e. Devrom™, an internal deodorant used by colostomy patients for fecal odor control, are effective due to antimicrobial activity and sulfur binding capability.

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:20 am
by ruch
what is your cleaning method now, searching?

the best i can hope for is also controlling my bb. i was doing okay before but it came back about 2 or so years ago and i cannot seem to control it on any sort of longer term basis (things stop working after awhile).

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:20 am
by searching
ruch wrote:what is your cleaning method now, searching?
Hello ruch,

It is detailed here.

I use the oral irrigator at its highest setting with a warm water solution of table salt & baking soda. The key to success, albeit difficult to do without gagging, is to irrigate the tonsils and surrounding area with the irrigator tongue-tip or the brush-tip. If you fail the Finkelstein finger test after you finish cleaning your mouth, i.e. the finger smells like a tonsil stone after it presses on the tonsils or surrounding area – then the oral-irrigation technique must be improved to flush and clear all anaerobic material from the tonsils and skin folds that surround that area.