PND or cyst...Cured
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:14 pm
whoops misleading title, I acutally meant to say CURED PND/CYST.
This is my story...
As a young child for as long as I can remember, I think it was around 6 years old, I developed PND/ a cyst (not sure which one) in my left cheek.
Symptoms: Every few minutes the infected area would release a very very disgusting discharge, when that happens people around me would just cringe away in fear. I don't remember if the smell came out of my nose too, but my nose was pretty clogged up, so when that happens I had to open my mouth for a bit of air, even the slightest crack and people would look around in horror.
The odour is bad, it smells like rotten fish, very sharp stink.
When I sneezed into a tissue the snot itself smelled so bad.
The discharge and mucus was a yellowish colour.
This happened for a long time, no doc could explain why it was happening.
Until a miracle happened when I was 13, I was about to get my braces, so the dentist took an xray of my teeth and what do you know, to everyone's surprise, there was a "packet of cyst" (that's what they called it) growing in my left cheek. It was pushing my teeth to the side of my face, so it couldn't grow down, and one tooth went up near my eye, would have impacted my eye and brain had they not discovered it sooner.
So I was rushed into surgery, I remember they were sticking tubes up my nose, and when I woke up and there was a bag full of mucus. I took a long time to recover, I kept leaking mucus from nose and mouth.
Now the only way to rid of the cyst was to break up my bone in the left cheek so the surgeon could reach up, absorb the cyst, and pull the teeth down. Of course if the cyst/pnd develops when all your teeth are developed it would be harder to detect with xray.
Thinking back I think it might have been PND, or maybe it was a cyst. I don't know. So I'm cured of that smell thank God. I've been called all sorts of names, and the only friends I had were the ones I had to bribe with food from the snack shop. Very very sad childhood, very sad to say I don't remember a day when I had good breath.
I found the xray taken from so many years ago, and I'm posting this so it could be of some use to someone out there with the same problem.
The thing is that, cyst/pnd is undetectable even with xray, the only way the dentist found out was because of the structure of my teeth, growing to side and up, so he concluded that something in there is forcing it to grow that way.
WARNING, a bit GRAPHIC
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85 ... e1chc.png/
This is my story...
As a young child for as long as I can remember, I think it was around 6 years old, I developed PND/ a cyst (not sure which one) in my left cheek.
Symptoms: Every few minutes the infected area would release a very very disgusting discharge, when that happens people around me would just cringe away in fear. I don't remember if the smell came out of my nose too, but my nose was pretty clogged up, so when that happens I had to open my mouth for a bit of air, even the slightest crack and people would look around in horror.
The odour is bad, it smells like rotten fish, very sharp stink.
When I sneezed into a tissue the snot itself smelled so bad.
The discharge and mucus was a yellowish colour.
This happened for a long time, no doc could explain why it was happening.
Until a miracle happened when I was 13, I was about to get my braces, so the dentist took an xray of my teeth and what do you know, to everyone's surprise, there was a "packet of cyst" (that's what they called it) growing in my left cheek. It was pushing my teeth to the side of my face, so it couldn't grow down, and one tooth went up near my eye, would have impacted my eye and brain had they not discovered it sooner.
So I was rushed into surgery, I remember they were sticking tubes up my nose, and when I woke up and there was a bag full of mucus. I took a long time to recover, I kept leaking mucus from nose and mouth.
Now the only way to rid of the cyst was to break up my bone in the left cheek so the surgeon could reach up, absorb the cyst, and pull the teeth down. Of course if the cyst/pnd develops when all your teeth are developed it would be harder to detect with xray.
Thinking back I think it might have been PND, or maybe it was a cyst. I don't know. So I'm cured of that smell thank God. I've been called all sorts of names, and the only friends I had were the ones I had to bribe with food from the snack shop. Very very sad childhood, very sad to say I don't remember a day when I had good breath.
I found the xray taken from so many years ago, and I'm posting this so it could be of some use to someone out there with the same problem.
The thing is that, cyst/pnd is undetectable even with xray, the only way the dentist found out was because of the structure of my teeth, growing to side and up, so he concluded that something in there is forcing it to grow that way.
WARNING, a bit GRAPHIC
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85 ... e1chc.png/