Page 1 of 1
ODOR SEMINAR online SUNDAY !!
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:39 pm
by deebo
As any of you know TMAU can often be breath and not body odor . This Sunday will be the 3rd webinar through rare connect . Please join in on Sunday to learn and voice your questions and opinions .
This webinar will be Dr Robin Lachmann and a Dietitian discussing some information that could Really help us .More info here
http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitos ... -time.html Log in Here in Sunday
https://eurordis.adobeconnect.com/_a830 ... mmunities/
Something else I'd like to add is that type 2 TMAU results seem to be climbing in our BB community . Just earlier this year Only type 1 test were available in US. In a recent batch of samples ,almost 30% were positive for TMAU type 2 ! I urge those with chronic BB to consider testing for TMAU 2 . Lots of us have tested negative for type 1 already .
Hope to see you folks this Sunday on the webinar
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:45 am
by halitosisux
Hey deebo, what's the difference between the testing for type-1 and type-2?
(are type-1 & type-2 referring to primary and secondary TMAU?)
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:25 am
by deebo
halitosisux wrote:Hey deebo, what's the difference between the testing for type-1 and type-2?
(are type-1 & type-2 referring to primary and secondary TMAU?)
hey Hali . yes , primary and secondary are type 1 & 2 . They can both be tested for through the urine test .
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:23 pm
by halitosisux
I've never been convinced by TMAU testing. A person could be below the threshold levels resulting in a negative diagnosis for TMAU, but yet their levels could still be high enough to cause some degree of odour release, particularly on their breath if the TMA is being secreted in their saliva.
Deebo, could you please ask these experts whether saliva concentrations of TMA have ever been looked into?
Also, of these 30% who were found to have TMAU type-2, do you know whether diets aimed at TMAU reduction ever helped to reduce their odours? And of those 30%, do you know whether they were BB/BO, BO or BB only?
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:23 pm
by deebo
Just learning about this stuff myself ,but i guess a person can test low TMAU and exhibit tma odor .Although i hear it could be some other pathway .
About a saliva test , this was an idea I had before learning anything about tmau when I joined this forum . Doolittle had a term :trimethlemademia or something like that leaving out the 'uria' ,the idea being that tmau is excreted in more than the urine , and maybe should be tested that way too . You should post your question Halisux . If you can't attend webinar , you can leave it here
http://goo.gl/G59WH
Its funny you ask about bo to bb percentages because that was my 1st question when Mebo posted about the tmau batch results . Being that its a medical test ,there are privacy issues but I'll see what digging I can do.
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:59 pm
by halitosisux
I never even realised the "uria" meant it related to urine.
It's frustrating to think that TMA DOES get secreted in mucus and saliva, but this doesn't seem to get any mention anywhere.
I'll look into attending this webinar. I don't have a clue what one is though. I'm not very savvy with this kind of thing. I never get anywhere when I click on strange Twitter-looking links like that one, but I'll give it a try.
Yes, please try to see what you can find with those percentages. Thanks.
I think high BB susceptibility could simply relate to TMA in the saliva or some other similar stinky chemical from the bloodstream that got there from the gut. I don't see how it's possible that some people can get away with never having BB while some people are highly susceptible to it. This, despite us all having very similar immune systems, roughly the same colonization of bacteria in the gut and mouth and roughly the same ecology, habitats etc etc. There has to be another factor involved.
The fact that it so often seems to start around puberty too, right when hormonal changes can bring it all on.
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:41 am
by deebo
Yep . Docs who know about malodors like tmau know that it comes from various pathways , Breath often being the most efficient .
The thing I became curious about was the fact that choline for instance is eaten to cause odor in those with tmau . I asked myself if these nutrients could be obtained in other ways like insulin injections are , or like how we get magnesium in an epsom salt bath . There is now 2 dietitians Heidi Chan and Charlotte Ellerton in addition to the Dr Lachmann to be on the webinar Sunday , We'll see what they have to say .
Everybody ,Log into the seminar at 7pm UK time Here
https://eurordis.adobeconnect.com/_a830 ... mmunities/
you dont need a password
See you folks there
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:28 pm
by deebo
Video up
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:24 pm
by deebo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCLp_V9w ... ture=g-u-u
here is the entire webinar video . thank for participating folks
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:05 pm
by halitosisux
Thanks deebo! there were some important bits I didn't understand properly and I'm glad to have the opportunity to see it all again.
It was fantastic the way it all worked.
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:20 am
by caramiamine98
Thanks for posting this! Very informative.
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:04 am
by deebo
THank you for contributing Hali ,as always . I found the survey part really something . Didn't even know they did one before. I'll ask if they may have a survey to post here or on the facebook group .
Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:36 am
by deebo
Sunday Webinar on the subject of work ,"Seeking Employment".
Please ,if you can, attend and participate with your questions ,comments and concerns . See your time zone in the link and how join the live conference Sunday .
https://www.rareconnect.org/en/communit ... mment-form
If you cant join on Sunday ,feel free to leave comment and question here in the post and I will try and pass them alone for you
.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:10 pm
by deebo
POSTPONED : Unfortunately, we had technical difficulties today as we tried to set up for "Webinar #7: "Seeking Employment" Cheryl Fields." It will be rescheduled for another day to be announced, RareConnect site, and Facebook.
Webinar "Seeking Employment" will be RESCHEDULED, due to technical issues.
...
*This series will be re-scheduled. Please stand by for details. (sigh)
“Hope is tomorrow's veneer over today's disappointment.” [Evan Esar]
Thank you so very much for your time, patience, and understanding.
Very Sincerely,
Cheryl Fields, MBA, Ph.D. (ABD)