Metallic Taste and other Questions
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:26 pm
Hi all, I have several questions. I would appreciate any information anyone has
1) Does a metallic taste in the mouth always signal bb. I have a metallic taste in my mouth pretty much all time, I believe it is from PND. Tried Sinus irrigation but it actually seemed to make the PND and taste worse. Does anyone have any experience with this. I gave up after a couple of days because it didn't seem to do much. Any stories regarding sinus irrigation would be helpful and information. Also, is the rinoflow a helpful machinge?
2) Have tin little white things every now and again from my tonsils. Are these tonsil stones or tonsololiths, or are the two things synonymous. I have read that these do not always mean one has bb, is that accurate. Why is it that many who have tonsils removed, do not end up being cured?
3) Was told by an ENT that my PND was caused by acid reflux and he prescribed prilosec. Has anyone experienced this? Did they acid reflux medication have any effect on bb.
4) What is the most effective way of tackling mucus at the back of the throat. Tongue scraper does not seem to do anything as I can get it as far back as it would need to go.
5) What is oil pulling? From what I read about it online it seems just like a folk remedy. Does anyone actually use it with any success
6) What is the single best product on the market for helping with bb. I have tried Smart Mouth and Therabreath and they really don't seem to do anything.
Any answers to any of these questions would be much appreciated. Really tough living with this problem.
Everyone here is a fighter. While not a true "disease" the social aspects of bad breath are debilitating. Humans are social creatures and a condition that prevents one from building close human connections can have a devastating impact on ones overall health and sense of health.
Stay strong everyone.
1) Does a metallic taste in the mouth always signal bb. I have a metallic taste in my mouth pretty much all time, I believe it is from PND. Tried Sinus irrigation but it actually seemed to make the PND and taste worse. Does anyone have any experience with this. I gave up after a couple of days because it didn't seem to do much. Any stories regarding sinus irrigation would be helpful and information. Also, is the rinoflow a helpful machinge?
2) Have tin little white things every now and again from my tonsils. Are these tonsil stones or tonsololiths, or are the two things synonymous. I have read that these do not always mean one has bb, is that accurate. Why is it that many who have tonsils removed, do not end up being cured?
3) Was told by an ENT that my PND was caused by acid reflux and he prescribed prilosec. Has anyone experienced this? Did they acid reflux medication have any effect on bb.
4) What is the most effective way of tackling mucus at the back of the throat. Tongue scraper does not seem to do anything as I can get it as far back as it would need to go.
5) What is oil pulling? From what I read about it online it seems just like a folk remedy. Does anyone actually use it with any success
6) What is the single best product on the market for helping with bb. I have tried Smart Mouth and Therabreath and they really don't seem to do anything.
Any answers to any of these questions would be much appreciated. Really tough living with this problem.
Everyone here is a fighter. While not a true "disease" the social aspects of bad breath are debilitating. Humans are social creatures and a condition that prevents one from building close human connections can have a devastating impact on ones overall health and sense of health.
Stay strong everyone.