Page 1 of 1

Dumb site questions - I'm an idiot.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:46 pm
by ishbee
I'm new to the whole forum thing.
What do the red and blue apples mean? Mean new post??? Which one means new?
Any other obvious forum stuff i should know?
please assume i know nothing about forums.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:16 pm
by mike987
95% of the time I just use from front page that shows the most recent threads.

The forum functions like virtually every other forum out there. I bet the moderators can give you the proper run down.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:46 pm
by halitosisux
I mostly do the same as Mike.
But if you sign in and click on forum right at the top, sections with new posts will have that red apple logo. Opening those sections will show the symbol for threads with new posts. This works for any new posts since you were last signed in.

Hope that helps. If anyone can explain better or if I'm wrong please say so.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:11 pm
by deebo
same here . I'm a mod and have no idea on half the bells and whistles on here.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:02 am
by ishbee
Thanks guys. I'm already getting the hang of this.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:54 am
by Jimi Stein
apples mean new posts or no new posts for you.
just hover over the apple and you will see

yes forum is outdated a bit, but still very good one, dated back to 2005, ha ha