THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
How do I get my hands on Metronidazole?
How do I get my hands on Metronidazole?
Iv sent a stool sample to the hospital to be tested for H. Pylori. I have a feeling its going to come back negative. Im hoping for positive so i can get somw medication. My question is, if i am negative is... How would I get my hands on some of this Metronidazole?? ](./images/smilies/eusa_wall.gif)
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
If the test comes back negative, that definitely means you don't have it.
But I may be wrong. Maybe some people don't produce antibodies against it. I'm sure I've read that somewhere actually.
I guess if you really suspect helicobacter, despite negative blood test results, then you have to go to the next stage of more invasive testing, like stool and breath test. Having an endoscopy just to diagnose helicobacter is a bit extreme.
But I may be wrong. Maybe some people don't produce antibodies against it. I'm sure I've read that somewhere actually.
I guess if you really suspect helicobacter, despite negative blood test results, then you have to go to the next stage of more invasive testing, like stool and breath test. Having an endoscopy just to diagnose helicobacter is a bit extreme.
-
Sickandtired
- Junior
- Posts: 91
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:35 pm
I would go with hope instead of desperation:).mike987 wrote:Desperation.
When a test comes back negative. It means nothing. It explains nothing. It doesn't even feel like the issue is ruled out, because there are so many unknowns to the problem.
@Halitosisux then i go in extreme group, I'm doing endoscopy soon, today i got my order (i dont know how to put it in english) from my GP and for CT scan for my sinuses as well. Woah, fingers crossed, although I'm scared like hell cause of endoscopy
-
time4change
- Junior
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:23 pm
Metronidazole has not helped me but I have to use it often as it constantly get BV (lady issues), anyway, I needed some quick and couldn't get an appointment at my doctors so I went to the std clinic and said my ex told me he had chlamydia. They gave me metronidazole straight away. I used a previous dose that my doctor had told me to use for BV.
Sometimes they give other antibiotics to men there, so might be worth having a look online at what diseases/infections are usually treated with metronidazole.
Also a month or two ago I went to my Gp, and said I had tonsil pain and stones and can I be referred to ENT, but she fobbed me off with more metronidazole.
Sometimes they give other antibiotics to men there, so might be worth having a look online at what diseases/infections are usually treated with metronidazole.
Also a month or two ago I went to my Gp, and said I had tonsil pain and stones and can I be referred to ENT, but she fobbed me off with more metronidazole.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
@sickandtired, my GP eventually sent me for an endoscopy in his frustration with me for insisting I must have HP, after having had triple therapy and a blood test. I guess he could have done the breath or stool test on me, but because I was also having ulcer symptoms, he wanted to make sure for himself, so sent me straight for an endoscopy. But I still had to fight him to continue to persue this.
I'll never forget the moment when I rang up to find out the result of my blood test and was told it was negative. I felt an infinite despair. It was the worst 10 minutes of my life. There's no words to describe how desperate and lonely and desolate I felt. Words to even begin to describe it haven't yet been devised. Key lesson learnt - never to put all hope into one thing.
I realised just a few days ago actually, that my ulcer symptoms might have been caused by my near-constant chewing gum in my mouth and eating things like mints which would trick my stomach into releasing acid.
Don't be scared of endoscopy, it's fun, even without being sedated. Ask them to put plenty of numbing spray into your throat and before you know it the tube is down there and all you feel is the sensation you get when you're hungry and your tummy is rumbling.
I'll never forget the moment when I rang up to find out the result of my blood test and was told it was negative. I felt an infinite despair. It was the worst 10 minutes of my life. There's no words to describe how desperate and lonely and desolate I felt. Words to even begin to describe it haven't yet been devised. Key lesson learnt - never to put all hope into one thing.
I realised just a few days ago actually, that my ulcer symptoms might have been caused by my near-constant chewing gum in my mouth and eating things like mints which would trick my stomach into releasing acid.
Don't be scared of endoscopy, it's fun, even without being sedated. Ask them to put plenty of numbing spray into your throat and before you know it the tube is down there and all you feel is the sensation you get when you're hungry and your tummy is rumbling.
Yep Halisux. This was the 1st thing a gastro wanted to run when I complained of gut issues about 6 years ago . I came in complaining of a new and constant gut rumbling , she wanted to run endoscopy for H-py . When I actually think back on it now , I recall her scowling face during the visit , maybe due to bb way back then . But just speculation .
I didn't have a available friend or family member to drive me so I had to go without being sedated ! 2 young blond nurses doing their best to hold me down and 1 older Indian woman pushing a rod down my throat . It was nothing short of masochistically erotic
oh yea .. it came back negative for h-py
I didn't have a available friend or family member to drive me so I had to go without being sedated ! 2 young blond nurses doing their best to hold me down and 1 older Indian woman pushing a rod down my throat . It was nothing short of masochistically erotic
oh yea .. it came back negative for h-py
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
LOL deebo, I was on my own too.
I remember lying on my side and being able to view the monitor in the distance and trying to make sense of their medical terms. I actually tried to speak at one point to ask a question lol.
Your endoscopy sounds more like another similar experience I went through once when I broke a rib. Women all around me, prodding my chest and we were all seeming to be enjoying ourselves. It was pure agony, but I was happy for it to go on forever - until one of them got out her stethoscope and started asking me to breathe in and out deeply while she was right in front of my face. I nearly died from a broken rib
I remember lying on my side and being able to view the monitor in the distance and trying to make sense of their medical terms. I actually tried to speak at one point to ask a question lol.
Your endoscopy sounds more like another similar experience I went through once when I broke a rib. Women all around me, prodding my chest and we were all seeming to be enjoying ourselves. It was pure agony, but I was happy for it to go on forever - until one of them got out her stethoscope and started asking me to breathe in and out deeply while she was right in front of my face. I nearly died from a broken rib
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.