Page 1 of 1
If I am room filling - could someone inhale my breath
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:40 pm
by thissux
Hey everyone,
I went out yesterday and had lots of reactions. If I have room filling bad breath and several people put their nose pretty much in my mouth for a good amount of time and I could hear them inhaling through their nose, could they tolerate this? I'd say it was at point blank range. They also said they smelled nothing. This was at the treatment center I went to for a drinking problem. You can see my previous post.
Also, is there anyone that lives in central Florida, near Orlando area that would be willing to meet up and do a breath check?
Another woman at treatment had some degree of bad breath, though not room filling and I did not feel inclined to touch or rub my nose in her presense. Thanks all!
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:32 am
by mike987
They could easily tolerate it if you were imagining the bad breath.
Are you waiting for a meet up to verify this info? Hope you can get it soon. You're suffering big time over something you don't know is real, and by the sound of it, isn't, though might have been at some earlier time.
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:27 pm
by thissux
Thanks Mike - I have yet to find anyone on the forum that lives in or around the Orlando, FL area. I am still getting some pretty strong reactions at times, people will look at me strangely and scratch the bottom of their nose. I went to eat with my cousin and my aunt yesterday and they were regularly scratching just below the nose and my cousin rubbed hers a few good times. I went out with an old friend the other night, a trusted friend for dinner and shopping and he had his hand kind of over his nose while we were talking at dinner, he even checked his own breath in the car but I asked him if I had bad breath and that if he would tell me. He said no I do not and that yes he would tell me. He was an old AA sponsor. My aunt also had me breathe into her nose and then she said to do it harder and she said no bad breath, but had nose rubs at church and at lunch afterwards. My family doctor said I did have bad breath before I got sober and I asked him what it smelled like and he said "stale". When I went out with my friend he looked for nose rubs at the register etc and he did not see any when I was there. I am so confused. All of the women at my treatment center would inhale my breath directly into their nose, repeatedly and offered to kiss me, which some did. They told me it was in my head. These are women from rough backrounds, jail etc. Yet they rub their nose too. I know people rub their noses, just always seems like when I am around.My mouth tastes bad, I am on reflux meds for LPR. Could someone inhale halitosis in their nose like that, 5 times in a row? I started smoking again and my mom says I smell like smoke but absolutely nothing else and that she would tell me. Someone help - anyone near Orlando? Dentist told me I did not have it before. Confused. Thanks again Mike
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:29 pm
by thissux
Also, do people rub their nose or scratch it when there is a very foul odor? Is that the normal reaction? I do not recall doing this when something stinks. Have any of you done it with someone elses bb or another gross smell? Thanks
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:05 am
by HigherThoughts
thissux - yea people do rub their nose when bad smells are around, but they also just do it for no reason as well.
I know a lot of people constantly rub their nose around me, but I also see a lot of other behaviors too. Seriously don't just focus on nose rubs. If that was all that people were doing around me I could go on living like that.
The big thing that really bothers me is the entire behavior. The way people treat me and behave around me is awkward. Most of the time when I have to talk to people they have to turn their heads away or literally back away from me. Either that or they try to walk directly to my side and try to talk to me as we stand side by side. I also get the frowns and looks of disgust.
Honestly if people don't have frowns on their face and can look you directly in the face then you are ok. If they can talk right to your face without flinching you are ok. Most people cannot do that with me. Some people try to get really close for some unknown god damned reason, but even they have some sort of flinch reaction.
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:19 pm
by thissux
Thanks HigherThoughts. It's all so very frustrating. I just talked to my old AA sponsor on the phone and he said he smelled nothing when I breathed into his nose other than a little bit of mint (I guess from toothpaste) and a little bit of cigarette but nothing foul. My mom and I had a long talk last night and she said "what can we do to get you to understand that your breath doesn't stink - are there any specialists that can test this accurately?" Do you guys have anything really realiable in mind? I will get a hard nose rub sometimes when I talk to someone or at touch to the face. Not always. My mouth is dry and I drink lots of water. It doesn't always taste very good but I have read that it is not always an indicator of bb. I read that a man with facial hair touches his face over 600x a day. Wow. I have talked to people and they have scratched their nose. I try to go into stores to see if people move away and many times not. But those times when I have spoken to someone directly and they do a hard up and down nose rub get me every time. I have quit drinking and I take my reflux meds. I saw my cousins new baby, about six months old this weekend (so cute!) he is little but he held my finger and was smiling and did not seem bothered. I am going to go to the dentist and ask as well. I really want my life back, I miss it so much. I have tried to look up how often people rub and touch their nose. MY non bb friends say they see this all of the time. Even at the checkout line etc. Do any of you live in or near Orlando? What is the best machine test for halitosis? I know not Katz's halitometer. Gas Chromography? Sorry about spelling errors. Do I have ORS/Halitophobia? Thanks everyone.