Page 1 of 2

Someone please help me, im so depressed ):

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:52 pm
by Badbreathscuk
I have got halitosis for about a year, im now 20.
I have good teeth and already taken wisdom teeth out.
Last week i went to the ENT, he checked my Xray of the sinuses and it was normal.
I dont have any problem about my GI tract except gastritis for only 2 times since i was born so i dont think that's the reason.

My BB will appear after i brush my teeth about half an hour.

***** When i use my finger to swab at the back of my tongue, the saliva smells really bad and it's the same smell with my BB. But the saliva aroud the tip of my tongue is OK.
And when i swallow saliva, it feels like some kind of mucous and tastes a little bit strange.

I am so depressed because i cant talk to anybody face to face .. Anyone please help me
Thanks a lot..

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:00 pm
by Born To Suffer
go take out your tonsils, I had a similar problem. Although I'm not cured yet, it's good that I took them out turns out I had a serious infection. Very sour taste right? sometimes it smells like fart?

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:24 pm
by Badbreathscuk
ENT said that my tonsil looks fine. He couldn't see any tonsil stones and i have never had tonsillitis, too.
I think that the strange sour test comes from my saliva.
And again.. My saliva around the back portion of my tongue smells disgusting all the time ):

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:32 pm
by Born To Suffer
ENT said my tonsils were okay. I don't suffer from tonsillitis. Only after tonsillectomy did they find out that I have a severe bacterial infection.
Anyway's our situation sounds the same, my bb worsens due to the sour taste.
I'll keep you updated on my progress, I'll probably see results in a month, if tonsillectomy doesn't cure me, then I won't suggest you do it.

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:46 pm
by HopefulOne
Have you been tested for H Pylori? If not, get tested.

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:16 pm
by Mm123
Hi.. i am also a sufferer here i am sorry to here that your depressed we're ALL depresed here with this condition BAD BEATH! ..

with me..when i actually swallow down my saliva something like a weird smell comes up from my throat.. i dunno how. r

and u know i try to cover my bad breath with chewing gum (mint) and after a long time when i swallow the saliva being produced... i get this smell from the throat..

i think it's quite similar to your symptoms... also when i checked my throat by sticking my tongue out.. i saw like a white bits around bottom of the tonsils and between the 'Eustachian tube' or yellow i dunno what it is really ......any suggestions? :/

p;s i haven't removed any wisdom teeth yet and i am going to ENT next month (hope everything goes ok)! and if they say nothing if wrong with my Ear Nose Throat then i would highly suspect it is coming from my stomach or wisdom teeth...

anyways good luck guys! :D dun worry

~ Being patience is where you get the reward at the end ~

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:31 pm
by MrChips
The only way to make yourself feel better and more confident is to keep researching and trying out different thing to try to get the cure.
Iv had a tonsillectomy. Had my wisdoms removed. Been checked for H Pylori which came back 'negative'. Next im gonna do a food allergy test. Then go to doctors and get tested for TMAU. And then i will see an ENT specialist to get my sinuses checked. Keep trying different things, this will make you feel more happier ;)

Hydrogen peroxide

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:45 pm
by Badbreathscuk
Hi everyone, i have some updates to tell you.
Today i tried gargling with hydrogen peroxide, at first my tongue turned white but it could be easily washed away. And now (3hours have passed) i can only feel weak smell from my breath and saliva. Actually my saliva would smell like shit now without hydrogen peroxide.

So i guess that my BB problem is caused by bacteria on my deep part of tongue. I will try hydrogen peroxide tomorrow again and see what will happen after i eat some foods

I will keep updating (:

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:46 am
by Born To Suffer
Hey there, tiredofcrying, don't go bashing yourself. Don't say things like dying and cancer, you still have kids to support for. Trust me there are cures for everything you just have to find it. Now have you checked your wisdoms/tonsils? I feel like I have to repeat this over and over, but I believe that most of us suffer from wisdom impaction/ infection of tonsils. Just get those taken out before trying meds.

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:22 pm
by halitosisux
tiredofcrying what country do you live in?

What things have you ruled out so far?

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:27 pm
by Born To Suffer
@tiredofcrying, whoops sorry I'm still at the stage where I'm recovering from tonsillectomy, so I'm as lost as you.
The only step I can recommend right now is that you change your diet, stop eating processed food and less meat. More fresh veggies and fruits.

People with TMAU suffer from a "fishy" odour, I think I may have that as well because when I stick my tongue out and breath it has a slight distinct fishy smell. Unfortunately for TMAU sufferers there ISN'T A CURE. It can be controlled with diet and pills, but this is a very hard and difficult road.

Before assuming it's TMAU, try get tested for h. pylori.

Screw the world, those ignorant people are stupid so just ignore them. The main reason why we suffer so is because there is a problem in our body that we to need to resolve. Remember God gave you this obstacle because He knows only you are strong enough to endure it.

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:18 am
by Born To Suffer
@tiredofcrying, hey girl there is hope near you. If you don't have fishy smell, you may not have TMAU. People with TMAU basically have no hope because it can never be eliminated, even controlled properly people still stink as hell.
I've read many stories of people curing h.pylori by taking a two week triple therapy course.

Remember people who make fun of others are weak and shallow.

Here is a person recently cured.
viewtopic.php?t=4980

others:
viewtopic.php?t=4760&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:11 am
by halitosisux
Tiredofcrying, the TMAU test in the UK is free, I'm not sure how much it costs in the US, deebo will know from having had this test done and where the best place to go is. There's some good information in the TMAU threads.

You may not have BB all the time, so try to remain aware of that when you're getting conflicting information.

If it's TMAU related (or similar) it's important to realise that when dealing with certain single chemicals (like TMA), every nose is different. Some people simply cannot smell certain chemicals, or they've become habituated to them, possibly because they're also producing low levels of the chemicals themselves, enough to make that happen.

Lots of people with bad breath relating to TMAU don't smell fishy at all, they smell of a whole range of weird odours, such as garbage, fecal, smelly socks, even burning rubber, burnt toast. TMAU can manifest itself in many ways, and be linked with many other systemic issues of the body. There is no such thing as just having TMAU or not having TMAU. It depends on the level of TMA that builds up in your blood, and there are many different causes that allow that to happen.

I would try experimenting with TMAU diets and perhaps try obtaining some choline tablets and see what happens when you progressively increase the dosage over a couple of weeks or so.

Regarding h.pylori, there have even been studies made to try to understand why a percentage of people with chronic bad breath seem to get permanently cured following treatment for HP, but nothing has so far been concluded.

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:59 pm
by mike987
Is there any reason to believe the triple therapy antibiotics would be effective on eliminating BB if the person was not h.pylori positive?

Have any of you having taken such a thing actually NOT have had h.pylori but the doctor just jumped you to the antibiotics, and it's working anyway?

I'm curious.

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:27 pm
by Born To Suffer
@Mike, I think it may work, you have nasal odour right?
Apparently someone cured their nasal bb with the triple therapy, I think it was
Hali_grl:
"YES I HAD REALLY STRONG ROOM FILLING BB EVEN WHEN MY MOUTH WAS CLOSED YOU COULD SMELL ME COMING."
full article:
viewtopic.php?p=43923


Hali_grl cured by:
METRONIAZOLE,
AMOXICILLIN,
BISMUTH SUBCITRATE (PEPTO-BISMAL)
PREVACID

ThisSucks cured by:
pantoprazol tablet
Amoxicilline tablet
Claritromycine tablet

I hear some people getting cured by metronidazole alone, and some no luck.
I'm going to see if my ENT will give me some metronidazole before rushing for a triple therapy.
Apparently in my country we don't have the technology for an endoscopy.