Your Email Address:

First Name:

Zinc + Chlorhexidine

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Peace
Junior

Zinc + Chlorhexidine

Post by Peace »

I came across a couple of publications on PubMed where a mixture of the 2 was tried and gave remarkable results on VSC reduction. For some unknown reason Zn and chlorhexidine have a synergistic effect. In these studies subjects used 1min gargling morning and evening for 14 days. I have tried for 1 week only in morning and have to say BIG difference.

I chew on a 50 mg Zn tablet and then gargle with 10 ml Corsodyl.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

What type of zinc tablet are u taking?
There was a time when I used to chew zinc gluconate tablets - one tablet would completely alter the smell that appeared on my tongue for the next 24 hours and reduced my BB by a huge factor.

I think not only did it have immediate effect on the odours present, but zinc also does something to the bacteria in the mouth and prevents them from producing VSCs. This effect lasts for the life of each bacteria. As the bacteria reproduce they are no longer affected and the effect gradually wears off, until you take the zinc again.

I don't think I ever combined it with any other method. This is really something worth trying though, because doing this leaves a horrible taste and maybe the chlorhexidine can prevent or get rid of that.
Peace
Junior

Post by Peace »

Zn from Spring Valley (walmart) tastes the best from what I have tried.

Here are the abstracts

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22573244

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17913002
Peace
Junior

Post by Peace »

And if you try this, remember that you should not use toothpastes with detergent like SLS, it inactivates chlorheximide; I use Biotene.
Peace
Junior

Post by Peace »

er, chlorhexidine.
MissPretty
Advanced

Post by MissPretty »

Googling Minamint mouthwashes. It will apparently contain both zinc and chlorhexdine. Someone who has tried? It looks interesting.
badbrath

Post by badbrath »

i think the best form of zinc is zinc oxide! try to google that.. :)
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

anyone ever tried this mouthwash?
http://cb12.ie/
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

nevermind.. people have tried it:
viewtopic.php?t=1128
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

the past 2 or so days, my bb has improved (i think). i tried swishing with smart mouth (which has zinc) and then immediately after, i swished with chlorhexidine. it did seem to help. not sure if it was just a good day. will keep you posted.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic