THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Zinc + Chlorhexidine
Zinc + Chlorhexidine
I came across a couple of publications on PubMed where a mixture of the 2 was tried and gave remarkable results on VSC reduction. For some unknown reason Zn and chlorhexidine have a synergistic effect. In these studies subjects used 1min gargling morning and evening for 14 days. I have tried for 1 week only in morning and have to say BIG difference.
I chew on a 50 mg Zn tablet and then gargle with 10 ml Corsodyl.
I chew on a 50 mg Zn tablet and then gargle with 10 ml Corsodyl.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
What type of zinc tablet are u taking?
There was a time when I used to chew zinc gluconate tablets - one tablet would completely alter the smell that appeared on my tongue for the next 24 hours and reduced my BB by a huge factor.
I think not only did it have immediate effect on the odours present, but zinc also does something to the bacteria in the mouth and prevents them from producing VSCs. This effect lasts for the life of each bacteria. As the bacteria reproduce they are no longer affected and the effect gradually wears off, until you take the zinc again.
I don't think I ever combined it with any other method. This is really something worth trying though, because doing this leaves a horrible taste and maybe the chlorhexidine can prevent or get rid of that.
There was a time when I used to chew zinc gluconate tablets - one tablet would completely alter the smell that appeared on my tongue for the next 24 hours and reduced my BB by a huge factor.
I think not only did it have immediate effect on the odours present, but zinc also does something to the bacteria in the mouth and prevents them from producing VSCs. This effect lasts for the life of each bacteria. As the bacteria reproduce they are no longer affected and the effect gradually wears off, until you take the zinc again.
I don't think I ever combined it with any other method. This is really something worth trying though, because doing this leaves a horrible taste and maybe the chlorhexidine can prevent or get rid of that.
Zn from Spring Valley (walmart) tastes the best from what I have tried.
Here are the abstracts
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22573244
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17913002
Here are the abstracts
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22573244
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17913002
- MissPretty
- Advanced
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
- Location: Sweden
anyone ever tried this mouthwash?
http://cb12.ie/
http://cb12.ie/
nevermind.. people have tried it:
viewtopic.php?t=1128
viewtopic.php?t=1128
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.