Page 1 of 1
Secret Facebook Group
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:01 pm
by 222chick
I am concerned about the privacy of the group. I know that damn Facebook likes to invade privacy any way that it can. I know it says that the group is closed and only members can see what is posted, but what about comments added to the post. The reason I am curious is that my replies to posts within the group is on my timeline review page along with things like my "likes," adding photos, commenting on people's statuses. I attached a screen shot. I am wondering if it shows up on the ticker.
[/img]
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:35 am
by Jimi Stein
Facebook is becoming a sellout, they are able to sell instagram photos of you.
I dont have a solution, maybe use some secret account
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:09 am
by jess
222chick,
I think only you can see those posts/ comments/ replies on your timeline. No one else!
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:31 am
by DanielPine
Im not going to join, not worth the risk in my opinio
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:19 am
by deebo
i dont recall your FB name 222 . Someone in the group posted the note below, and so i reposted it on my wall . Mine is a second profile just for bb and tmau ,and I've also made it so no ones friends can even see my profile now, and its not searchable . Its easy enough to make a separate FB profile for meet ups and other info..etc ..
"I want to stay PRIVATELY connected with you. I post shots of my family that I don't want strangers to have access to!!!
However, with the recent changes in FB, the "public" can now see activities in ANY wall. This happens when our friend hits "like" or "comment" automatically, their friends would see our posts too. Unfortunately, we can not change this setting by
ourselves because Facebook has configured it this way.
PLEASE place your mouse over my name above (DO NOT CLICK), a window will appear, now move the mouse on “FRIENDS" (also without clicking), then down to "Settings", click here and a list will appear. REMOVE the CHECK on "COMMENTS & LIKE" and also "PHOTOS". By doing this, my activity among my friends and family will no longer become public.
Now, copy and paste this on your wall. Once I see this posted on your page I will do the same. Thanks! "
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:45 pm
by Stankie
...
privacy fix
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:51 pm
by deebo
with all that said , None of the stuff you comment on , like, post in the private groups are seen or your wall or by friends outside the group .
i think 1 exception is if you click a link posted in the group ,go to that website and then click 'like' on that sites FB thumbsup . Thats the only thing I can think of going on your wall ,if you don't un-select it in settings .
Stanky ,youre stating whats publicly known bud. there r tons of apps that lock your private info web wide . I use privacy fix
https://www.privacyfix.com
Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:04 pm
by 222chick
Thanks. I am going to just make a new fb account and rejoin the group with that one just in case. I really hope none of my posts got leaked to the ticker somehow. It is that stupid ticker I am worried about and not what is on my timeline wall.
My name is Nora btw Deebo