THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Turmeric cure for L-form bacteria from antibiotic overuse

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
malory
Master
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:02 pm
Gender:

Turmeric cure for L-form bacteria from antibiotic overuse

Post by malory »

L form bacteria can grow in our guts. These harmful bacteria do not have cell walls and can't be killed by antibiotics. They actually grow increasingly resistant to the antibiotics we take. Apparently, they may be susceptible to curcumin found in turmeric.

I am currently taking 20g of turmeric powder (because 20g of turmeric should provide 2000mg of curcumin, I believe) mixed with hot water, a sprinkle of black pepper and olive oil (sometimes flaxseed oil or occasionally fish oil) daily.

The turmeric has made my stools and urine reek and not improved my odour BUT it IS doing something for me! It has stopped my almost daily nightsweats completely (had these for about 5 years) and I feel very healthy, more energised and able to sleep better.

It would be interesting to see what turmeric could do for a non-TMAU sufferer with systemic odour (possibly resulting from overuse of antibiotics?) who also suffers from digestive problems/gut dysbiosis. I'm assuming that the choline in the turmeric is causing me to produce lots of odorous TMA in my urine and faeces, but a non-TMAU sufferer may find the turmeric has only beneficial effects.

If you fit into this category and try the turmeric, please post your results here.
User avatar
deebo
Moderator
Posts: 985
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Portland
Contact:

Post by deebo »

Hi Mal .
Been adding turmeric powder to white rice for 2 days now . Haven't yet noticed worse stool odor . gonna add a few more shakes of it and see if anything gives . Like to get y hands of fresh curcumin if this helps any .

Thank you for posting

.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

this is a bullshit, I am using turmeric for years in dishes, up to 1 spoon per dish, no changes,

just another snake oil cure
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
malory
Master
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:02 pm
Gender:

Post by malory »

Jimi,
It is true that turmeric has not cured my odour (I said that above).

Well, that is true but;
I took high doses (20g daily which is 2 heaped tablespoons) and found that it stopped my terrible nightsweats (a symptom which some TMAu sufferers share). I then stopped the turmeric and the nightsweats returned, however, it is only effective when I take 20g. Anything less doesn't work. I don't know exactly what it does but it is cheap to buy at least, and, in conjunction with a paleo diet, may help cleanse those who suffer from dysbiosis/imbalanced gut flora. It may turn out to be bullshit for you and I (as in it doesn't work), but it is worth sharing info - it may help someone else...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗