I have come across some sites touting the benefits of xylitol. I think I am going to try and start using it to see if it can help me. I have tried everything under the sun and figure that this can't hurt! These are the sites I have read:
http://www.healingteethnaturally.com/ri ... ol-effects
http://ultimateoralhealthguide.com/2011 ... e-xylitol/
http://ultimateoralhealthguide.com/2012 ... ad-breath/
If anyone is willing to try it, please let us know how it works for you. I ordered the xylitol from swanson's because they tend to be cheaper than others. I ordered the granulated form, the gum and the nasal spray since I have PND. I will let you guys know if it works for me or not! It would be great for me to find relief from something so simple!
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Xylitol? Can it work as well as they say???
-
girlie girl
- Advanced
- Posts: 157
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:44 pm
- Location: United States
I have used both birch based and corn based xylitol. The birch xylitol left my mouth feeling . . . . . (hard to find the words) - less coated. I liked that better.
Anyway, they both worked well and if you are in the business of clearing up a coated tongue, they can help. This may sound odd, but I found that they help with the tongue coating, but not necessarily the odor. But, of course, less tongue coating means less odor. Just don't be surprised if you don't see bada-bing type odor reduction after you pop a scoop - unless you've already got any other oral health issues in top shape. Then, it's like icing on the cake.
I just drop a spoon full of granulated xylitol and my tongue and let if dissolve. I like it enough that I just reordered my favorite brand in a 5 pound bag. I use it as a sweetener in green smoothies. I also know that it has been shown to outperform fluoride in dental health studies.
Just a side note - when I was researching carb specific diets, one book that I read warned against using xylitol. I believe it had something to do with fermentation in the gut. I'd need to dig the book out and read that section again to be sure. If I go crazy with it, my tummy does rumble and I get gas pains.
Anyway, they both worked well and if you are in the business of clearing up a coated tongue, they can help. This may sound odd, but I found that they help with the tongue coating, but not necessarily the odor. But, of course, less tongue coating means less odor. Just don't be surprised if you don't see bada-bing type odor reduction after you pop a scoop - unless you've already got any other oral health issues in top shape. Then, it's like icing on the cake.
I just drop a spoon full of granulated xylitol and my tongue and let if dissolve. I like it enough that I just reordered my favorite brand in a 5 pound bag. I use it as a sweetener in green smoothies. I also know that it has been shown to outperform fluoride in dental health studies.
Just a side note - when I was researching carb specific diets, one book that I read warned against using xylitol. I believe it had something to do with fermentation in the gut. I'd need to dig the book out and read that section again to be sure. If I go crazy with it, my tummy does rumble and I get gas pains.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.