Page 1 of 1
Lactose vs Choline
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:02 pm
by Shit4Breath
I know that with tmau the body does not digest choline therefore it sits in the body and is passed through the bloodstream and excreted in bodily fluids/lungs. I'm pretty sure I do not have tmau but I am lactose intolerant. I'm wondering by the same mechanism choline affects tmau patients, if not being able to digest dairy can cause the same oral or body malodor. Is it possible that the reason some have bb with lactose intolerance and not others is because instead of being lactase deficient we don't produce lactase at all?
Any thoughts???
btw I produced casein curds in my stool awhile back that freaked me out. I spoke about it in this thread
viewtopic.php?t=4489&postdays=0&postord ... n&start=15
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:10 pm
by halitosisux
Have you tried taking lactase enzyme supplements? That might help you to answer that question in your own case.
What happens when you cut out all lactose containing foods?
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:20 pm
by Shit4Breath
I stopped drinking milk awhile ago but only just recently eliminated all dairy from my diet. I've taken lactase supplements one time before but only the recommend dosage. I'm wondering if I should have taken megadoses because I'm not sure if my body is digesting dairy at all.
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:14 pm
by halitosisux
Might be worth trying again with the supplements. As you probably know, the timing that you take them and how you take them is crucial to get right.
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:55 pm
by Born To Suffer
You should definitely go to the ENT for a checkup.
I read in your other posts that when you do a nasal rinse your bb gets better. So why don't you keep doing it? If you indeed do have an infection, it seems that you can either do the nasal rinse or go through surgery, it seems like your body isn't winning the battle.
Do this at your own risk. But I actually blew an infection into my ear while doing the nasal rinse. It got clogged up for a few days, but I didn't care I continued doing it anyways, and the nasal rinse actually started to wash out the infection!! As crazy as it sounds. My ears are in much better condition now. I can swear on my life, it's working.
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:28 pm
by Shit4Breath
I've tried nasal flushing in the past and though it seemed my bb was getting better because my sense of smell was increased but it did not help. I was still getting reactions from way across a room though I thought for sure my breath was fresh even pleasant. And one of my post I stated that I also felt like I was getting an infection in my ear. I have an actually sinus/throat irrigator so I when I do get frustrated and have no where else to turn I start back doing sinus flushes but they never help with bb.
Even though I stopped eating dairy I am going to find a lactaid supplement to dissolve any lactase that maybe fermenting inside me.
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:18 pm
by Shit4Breath
This post has been on curezone for awhile.....has anyone tried this.
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1191287 Even though I don't have tmau sometimes I wish I did because it seems easier to control than just having chronic bb and not knowing the cause or where it's coming from.
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:06 pm
by halitosisux
VERY worthwhile trying all of this, just to see if it even makes a difference.
Lactose intolerance could produce some bad fermentation in the gut in similar ways to the mechanism of how Trimethylamine gets produced in the gut and then gets absorbed, etc.
You may not have TMAU, but if your gut is involved in any way with your BB, whether it's lactose intolerance, or whether it involves other unknown enzymatic deficiencies similar to that which leads to TMAU, then this is bound to give some improvement and lead to new approaches in dealing with your problem.
Lactulose is really good, but you'll need to check to make sure it's suitable for a person with lactose intolerance.