Your Email Address:

First Name:

receding gums?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
who farted?
Junior

receding gums?

Post by who farted? »

does receding gums cause bb?,like many on this site i never looked after my teeth when i was younger caused by fear of the dentist and a sugary diet,so when i finally went to the dentist i had to get a lot of work done,but i notice i have a lot of receding gums, they dont bleed or give pain but i was wondering if this is the cause of bb?,anyone else got the same problem with gums?

FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I had the same problem, as a kid/teen my oral wasn't the best and my gums receeded. But I really doubt that would cause any odor. For me personally last year my dentist was worried about my gums, I recently went back and she was really surprised at my mouth as my gums and teeth were 100% healthy. I used to have minor bleeding gums. I think really severge gingivitis would cause halitosis. It's funny my neighbour has the most grimiest teeth ever, he has like 10 missing, the ones that remain are yellow tobacco stained and awful and guess what.....................no BB at all.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
who farted?
Junior

Post by who farted? »

FedUp wrote:I had the same problem, as a kid/teen my oral wasn't the best and my gums receeded. But I really doubt that would cause any odor. For me personally last year my dentist was worried about my gums, I recently went back and she was really surprised at my mouth as my gums and teeth were 100% healthy. I used to have minor bleeding gums. I think really severge gingivitis would cause halitosis. It's funny my neighbour has the most grimiest teeth ever, he has like 10 missing, the ones that remain are yellow tobacco stained and awful and guess what.....................no BB at all.

Thanks for the reply,Thats good news you got your gums and teeth sorted out,i thought that my gums were receding due to bacteria under the gumline,its like the gums are rejecting the teeth,when i spoke to the dentist about bb,he said possible cause could be decay between the teeth,i was wondering has anyone had all their teeth removed and still have bb?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic