Does oral and esophageal candida/thrush cause bad breath?
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:07 pm
My tooth extraction is healing nicely, I did get a bit of a dry socket. I still have two teeth in need of work. I had to take amoxicillin for the extraction. 28 pills. Now my tongue is coated white and very patchy. Saw a doc. He did not take a sample of this, was sure it was yeast and is now putting me on 14 days of diflucan. I am also finally in line for an endoscopy and colonoscopy through the help of an organization. I am weaning off of Prilosec and have HCL tablets and ACV standing by untouched.
Does thrush/yeast in the mouth or throat cause strong halitosis? This seems to be a debate. I had yeast problems in my younger years for a long time and bacterial imabalances, tons of antibiotics.
Also, could yeast in the esophagus mimic reflux?
Help anyone with experience on this. Saw new therapist today and he insisted he did not smell any bad breath on me what so ever and that he had talked to people earlier that day that did have bad breath. More prozac for my depression. He insisted he would tell me if he smelled it.
Also, I had another post but no awnser - can those of us with halitosis smell each other because I had a meet up and could not smell anything on the other persons breath, mouth or nasal. In fact it was fresh breath. Now I have smelled halitosis on others. Very much so. Can we smell each other? I know I can smell bad breath. They said they did not smell me at all either. What gives? Help!
Does thrush/yeast in the mouth or throat cause strong halitosis? This seems to be a debate. I had yeast problems in my younger years for a long time and bacterial imabalances, tons of antibiotics.
Also, could yeast in the esophagus mimic reflux?
Help anyone with experience on this. Saw new therapist today and he insisted he did not smell any bad breath on me what so ever and that he had talked to people earlier that day that did have bad breath. More prozac for my depression. He insisted he would tell me if he smelled it.
Also, I had another post but no awnser - can those of us with halitosis smell each other because I had a meet up and could not smell anything on the other persons breath, mouth or nasal. In fact it was fresh breath. Now I have smelled halitosis on others. Very much so. Can we smell each other? I know I can smell bad breath. They said they did not smell me at all either. What gives? Help!