Your Email Address:

First Name:

Down/lower side of the tongue

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Down/lower side of the tongue

Post by emotional rescue »

Guys,
I want to know is this only happends to me, or to all bb sufferers (i think all...)

If i touch my tongue with my fingers, i can smell the odor that is the source of my bb, as far as i get more close to the back of my tongue...the smeel gets more strong.... if i touch my tonsils... they have similar odor that the back of the tongue...(now less odor cause i did the laser, before that it was the worst source of odor...)

but the thing is....if i touch the down/lower side of the tongue, if doesn´t have any smell, in that part of the mouth, the saliva is odorless....also that part of the tongue is very pink, and the upper side is much more whiter.....

what i don´t understand is why the anaerobic bacteria can live in all the other parts of the mouth but not in the lower side.....

do you have any idea of this?

does it happends to everybody??

austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

possibly because the front of the tongue rubs up against the hard roof of your mouth, which acts like a tongue scraper, constantly removing the food debris. The very back or dorsal part of the tongue only has the soft palet above which cant clean the tongue properly.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

i think that is because the front of the tongue is more soft, and the back is more rugose and is more dificult to clean and, more important, is exposed to all the pnd....

but what i don´t understand is why there is no odor, not anything related to bb, in the down side of the tongue, i mean below the tongue.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

emotional rescue wrote:i think that is because the front of the tongue is more soft, and the back is more rugose and is more dificult to clean and, more important, is exposed to all the pnd....
exactly, also saliva flows to the front of the tongue and is concentrated there so it cleans much better than on the back of the tongue.

by the way, its the same for me. My source of bad breath (if its not the only then its 90% of it) is my tongue. And my tonsils have the same stench as that stuff on the tongue... That's why I want to get rid of them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic