Page 1 of 1
Water-fasting
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:07 pm
by MrChips
Iv read on another forum that water fasting can help improve bad breath and body odour. From what i understand you need to water fast between 7 - 30 days.
I think the hunget subsides after the third day. Its also important to brush your teeth with only water. You will have a white tongue to begin with but your tongue will eventually turn pink.
Im thinking of doing the water-fast next week. I need to do more research. Has anybody tried it?
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:15 pm
by Stankie
....
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:07 am
by sadmum
Mr. Chips...I hope you're joking? How will you possibly survive on water alone?! That's absolutely mad! Why not just go on a strict diet such as the Candida one? I'm sure that will yield some positive results without harming your health!
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:10 am
by needcurefast
Actually these type of diets can possibly help by alot. However they scare me. I am already to skinny. I heard a diet where you eat nothing else, but apples for a month for detox. Which makes sense, because apples have so many benefits. I am still trying to find that article should have bookmark it. I might try this over the summer not while I'm in school scared I might passed out in class one day so I'll wait. I am very sure my bad breath is from my digestive system. Because everytime my digestive system gets worst my breath does as well. Any who I'm with them as well water fasting sounds a little scary I'll be cautions before trying this if i was you.
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:19 am
by sadmum
I'm not so sure it will help, I think you should research it more before you actually consider doing it, hope this helps you change your mind, I stumbled on it online while reading about various cleansing diets;
'Water fasting shuts down the body’s eliminating process holding back the toxins because it is undergoing a negative feedback reaction which means the body will not generally respond until there is a variation from the normal.'
'The excessive intake of water without the corresponding amount of electrolytes can lead to hyponatraemia, also known as water intoxication. This can lead to permanent brain damage, coma and death.'
There is a much better and probably safer alternative which is the juice fast. Maybe you should try it! Good Luck!
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:17 pm
by MrChips
Thanks for your input. I think maybe the water fast might be a little too extreme and risky.
Im thinking of doing a green smoothie fast for a few weeks. That sounds a lot healthier.
Its just that i know my halitosis is digestive related. I only need to eat one slice of pizza and my bb will last for days. Iv not had pizza for years.
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:42 am
by DanielPine
I thought you meant you were not going to drink water for a few weeks lmao