Page 1 of 2
anyone ever been cured by an ENT?
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:38 am
by ruch
a lot of people have talked about going to see an enterologist or some other doctor about their bb. just wondering if anyone has ever been cured by one? i have only ever read of cases where they were not cured.
am considering going to one and seeing if they can detect any underlying causes..
i feel like i have tried everything else already

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:49 am
by ruch
oh wait, an ENT and enterologist are different, right?
if anyone lives in virginia, this looks interesting:
http://www.fauquierent.net/halitosis.htm
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:53 am
by Source
ENT is a doctor specializing in Ear Nose and Throat
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:54 am
by Source
And if you're suffering from BB - it's not a matter of should, but rather MUST in terms of seeing one.
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:46 am
by FedUp
Do you have your tonsils?
You have any sinus troubles?
I'd opt for a CT scan to check there's nothing going tits up in your sinuses.
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:07 pm
by MrChips
How do you go about getting a CT scan done? Do you have to go private?
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:22 pm
by Born To Suffer
@MrChips, just check if your insurance covers it.
@ruch, I'm not sure if a gastroenterology / enterology are the same thing.
But gastroenterologist will diagnose and treat diseases of the stomach, liver and intestines.
There are people here who have cured bb by curing h.pylori.
viewtopic.php?t=4760
Dsufferer:
viewtopic.php?p=46923
HopefulOne:
viewtopic.php?p=44661
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:47 pm
by FedUp
MrChips wrote:How do you go about getting a CT scan done? Do you have to go private?
I see you're from the UK the same as me, I'd ask your ENT specialist if he would put you in a for a scan. I'm getting mine through the NHS, although waiting is annoying.
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:02 am
by loyd99
how long have you got to wait to see the ent?
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:37 am
by Stankie
...
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:40 pm
by loyd99
i dont trust most doctors they just hand out drugs that can cause all sorts of havoc with the body. i just want all the info i can get on my symptoms an ill treat it myself.
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:16 pm
by FedUp
Stankie wrote:I went to an ENT, a CAT scan, an audiologist, back to the ENT . . . . the big diagnosis.
Flonase, 2x a day.
APPARENTLY, all that is wrong with me is a severe lack of a brand-name, prescription, steroid.
Damn, was I ever barking up the wrong tree.

I've been sent away from a few GP's with nasal sprays. They didn't even exam me first. so INSULTING and depressing.
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:51 pm
by Stankie
....
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:39 pm
by ruch
but did the ENT ever diagnose anyone's problem accurately? i.e. found the root cause? i am not someone who likes to take drugs (unless it will cure me, I guess), so i would want a proper diagnose as to the root cause of my problem, and then i can figure out how i wish to proceed.
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:05 pm
by Sickandtired
ruch wrote:but did the ENT ever diagnose anyone's problem accurately? i.e. found the root cause? i am not someone who likes to take drugs (unless it will cure me, I guess), so i would want a proper diagnose as to the root cause of my problem, and then i can figure out how i wish to proceed.
Hm, well I am diagnosed with nasal obstruction, swollen turbinates, 40% active adenoid, deviated septum (all this without CT) and now I'm waiting for CT scan, I do not know is this my root problem, but sure I hope it is, but also I'm scared cause i don't know will I be able to solve it. Sinuses are pretty f*cked up place.
I'm not someone who likes to take drogs just like that, too. But the thing with sinuses is that is individual, it's all about diagnose, doc trying to see what could help you, I refused operation and told my ENT i won't do it untill I'm 100% sure that he tried every other possible option. So, that was my choice, I didn't respond to any treatment fully and now I'm doing the op. I have nothing to lose. I'm done sitting home and waiting for some miracle to show me where my problem is. Elimination process.