Page 1 of 2

Room Filling Nasal Odour

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:12 pm
by MrChips
I have room filling nasal odour. Iv had my wisdoms taken out. Iv also had my tonsils taken out.
The question I need to know is,, Can nasal odour be caused by mouth/teeth/tongue problems?

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:49 pm
by Born To Suffer
I have yet to see a post of someone curing nasal odour.
I was going through some posts when I came upon this:
ElGrizzle:
1. I have had 3 endoscopies of sinus by two different doctors, and a CT scan, and there are no abnormalities or tumors.

2. I have also been to a periodontist and dentist numerous times without any signs of anything that would be causing the odor. (my mouth tastes fine)

3. I have also been to Gastro ENT, and checked for celiac disease (negative) and found nothing else, but that's all she was concentrating on. So it might be good to see another one and check for other things.

Anyways, I have taken the test for TMAU (results will take about a month), and I am going to see a Metabolic specialist at Vancouver General Hospital.

There are a few other tests that I would like to get done if it is not TMAU, (or even if it is TMAU, who knows).

They are for;
1. Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth
2. Fructose malabsorption
3. Slow intestinal motility

No, they say, "it smells in here", or "did you fart?", or "it smells like poo", or they roll down a window when I talk.

So its not coming from my mouth, rather the air I breath out.


Full post: viewtopic.php?p=24251&highlight=#24251
I think for those who suffer from nasal odor are suffering from kidney / liver failure??
It's weird how fecal-like odour can just come out of the nose, perhaps blood is infected with waste due to a malfunction in the body?

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:02 pm
by FedUp
I get that same reaction if I nose breathe. It smells like SHIT.

Comments like "did you wipe your ass?" "smells like he shit himself" are heard if I nose breathe or "you're disgusting". If you can get a CT scan.

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:15 pm
by Born To Suffer
Does the smell that comes out of your nose smell like fecal?
I would highly suggest you do a blood test for kidney damage/failure.

Worst case is to replace your kidney.

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:26 pm
by FedUp
Born To Suffer wrote:Does the smell that comes out of your nose smell like fecal?
I would highly suggest you do a blood test for kidney damage/failure.

Worst case is to replace your kidney.
Had one done months ago, everything came back fine.

My doc did say I had low white blood cell counts though. My Immune system must be shit.

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:41 pm
by Born To Suffer
Had one done months ago, everything came back fine.
WOW, hm... I really don't know what else to offer!!
Let's just hope your CT will show something.

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:19 pm
by Stankie
....

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:12 pm
by MrChips
Maybe i have liver trouble. If i drink too much alcohol my nasal odour stinks for days after. Which happens on almost a weekly basis.
I need to do the liver flush and stop drinking to see if i get any improvements?

I remember sitting at the back of the bus once, and two young girls were nose rubbing and complaining about the smell of urine... So maybe it could be kidney trouble?

I duuno. Im stuck. I aint gotta clue. I dont feel like its dental. Theres something wrong somewhere.... but it could be anywhere! This is mind-boggling.... Its sending me crazy

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:13 am
by Peace
I've had the same problem for decades and strongly believe it is sinus-related. I've posted it before but will repeat, the only thing abnormal was chronic rhinitis and clear post nasal drip, not really a bad smell but very clingy. I started the xylitol:lactoferin:saline rinse, improvement but not there yet; then added amoxycillin and after 2 days got green discharge, so stopped nasal rinse but did oral spray every é hours for 3-4 days, even more improvement. 4 days ago my tongue became completely pink and bb gone. Stillpinching myself after 40 years this never happened. I don't how long it will last, I still have some green discharge when I blow my nose but other than that I'm fine. I don't have anymore clear PND though which leads me to believe the fecal:cheesy somtine burn smell was related to the PND.

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:20 am
by halitosisux
Peace, do you mean the clear PND has stopped or do you mean it's no longer clear but green?

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:26 am
by Peace
I have not had any PND for the past few days....!

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:43 am
by halitosisux
That's great news! what do you think the reason is at the moment?

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:52 am
by Peace
Good question. May be a change of bacterial population in sinus-nasal passages? Still scratching my head, but if it comes back at least I know what to tackle, which is great news no matter what.

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:32 am
by MrChips
Peace> Thanks for the info. How did you make the saline rinse? And where do you get the products from? Thanks

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:31 am
by halitosisux
It's very interesting because your clear PND has stopped. I hope your BB improvement relates solely to this fact. It's very exciting to know you've managed to reduce your PND, and I really hope you eventually manage to discover exactly why this has happened.