Page 1 of 1

When we nose breathe does it bypass our mouth?

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:13 pm
by FedUp
I've been reading several halitosis articles and some are claiming that when we nose breathe strictly, that it bypasses our mouth completely. The reason I ask is because I get horrific reactions if I nose breathe but little to fuss over my mouth breathing.

Strange

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:23 pm
by Born To Suffer
Maybe an endoscopy would show if you have an opening that's releasing this gassy odour?

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:51 pm
by FedUp
I will be booked for an endoscopy if my ct scan yields nothing. my scan is on the 13th march. won't get results until 2nd april. looong wait ahead.

I've been reading alot of sinusitis symptoms, fungal and bacterial. I have constant PND

I have no pain, no yellow discharge. Last time I had a sinus infection with yellow discharge was last august.

It's just odor that is my problem.

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:20 am
by Tony22
That's interesting; I hadn't thought about that. My bad smell seems to come only from my mouth, but I do notice a little bit even if I breathe out my nose, though.