Your Email Address:

First Name:

I JUST FINISHED AN ENDOSCOPY PROCEDURE

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
trey
Total Newbie

I JUST FINISHED AN ENDOSCOPY PROCEDURE

Post by trey »

I have always thought my bad breath was related to intestinal yeast overgrowth cause it started after i took antibiotic in 2010. I have been working with a gastroenterologist for months now, still ,no sign of what is responsible for the bad breath.
I have done h,pylori breath test- Negative
Stool culture--Negative
I just finished upper GI endoscopy hoping they would see candida in my esophagus so that i can have rest of mind that the problem has finally been pin-pointed,yet,nothing was seen.My esophagus is normal

Now people, what could be responsible for this? she said she saw inflammation in the gastric region and collected samples for biopsy for H.Pylori bacteria that was already showed negative in the earlier breath test i did.

In very rare occasions, i have coughed out very tiny stone that smelt so bad but i have looked at my tonsils,nothing there shows i have tonsillitis.A dentist once told me that my tonsils are ok.Could it be my problem is tonsil stone related?I also have post nasal drip and tongue is always coated whitish/yellowish.

Please help with possible suggestions endoscopy revealed nothing in my esophagus.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I think that stone of hardened stuff dropped dwon from your sinuses. It became crusty and it broke off I guess. If you dont see and stones in your tonsils than that might be the cause.

Check your sinuses out
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
nightmare
Post by nightmare »

I also had a endo done. The surgeon found inflammation and took samples for biopsy. I don't have sinus problems or tonsil stones.
It also came back negitive for HP. He prescribed a triple antibiotic package, Metronidazole,biaxan and prevacid. On day 7, I could talk to anyone right in their face with no reaction. Tongue action kissing. After 25 years of shit breath, I was the happest man in the world. \:D/

About 3 months of relief and it came back. This time he prescribed 3 weeks of Metronidazole. It did nothing but give stronger shit breath during those 3 weeks. I found a article that stated antibiotic resistant bacteria will increase their colony 2-10 fold, while the antibiotics are in the host. I think that is why my breath stunk more during that time. Most people that know or work with me, stand back about 5-6 feet. During those 21 days I think they went to 8-10 feet.

I can not smell my breath but I have a honest daugher(24 yrs)/mother(91 yrs), x, and a few associates that seem to understand my problem. I know it stinks all the time and gets real bad about a hour after I eat. So far my Gi surgeon/doctor has been my only support in the medical field.

GI doctor gave me a prescription for levoquin and thinks it might be SIBO. I asked about a breath test, and he said only about 40% of people that have SIBO test positive for hydrogen.

I think I have a pattern. Now I am starting to see a picture.

2 years ago I saw a dentist who tested me with a halimeter. He took a reading of mouth and nose and he had me breath into a big ziplock bag with the straw sticking out. He attached the bag/straw to the halimeter and the reading was twice as much as was the mouth or nose. He said I needed to see a doctor because the smell was from lungs.

I saw my General who refered me to a ENT. The ENT had me breath normal. He took a couple sniffs just inches away from my mouth. Then he had me take deep deep breath and blow in his face. I think I saw tears in his eyes. He took about 3 steps backwards and said I think you need to see a GI Dr.

Oh, in all cases they ask "how long have you had this problem". Lung cancer is always their first thought.

I got my fingers crossed
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

This SIBO is very interesting, but doctors are just too stupid to connect it to bad breath.

Look we smell like shit, so it must be the problem where the shit is in our body, big intestine.

I really suggest we should really clean out the colon, have a diet, take probiotics and just try to heal the problem.

Intersting that the second time you smelled and got no relief.

The should really test how much bacterias we have compared to healthy people.

Maybe we should invite that womsn from SIBO.com to give us more info.

I think we are getting closer to our problem somehow. 8 yo we all beliave Halitomafia was right and we did all those bogus stuff, but hopefully now we are on the right path.
nightmare
Post by nightmare »

Yeah, I also fall into Dr. Admir catogory.
1= oral, can't smell yourself, under 35yrs of age.
2=nose, you can smell your breath or a sour taste.
3= stomach, you can smell your breath or a sour taste.
4= Blood borne, over 35 years old.

I can't smell or taste my bad breath and I am over 35, that leaves 4
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

so your bb was cured by cannabis?
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nightmare
Post by nightmare »

Stanky, I have the hardest time with my General Doctor. He tells me most of his patients have bad breath and if I find a cure let him know.
He said bad breath is a secondary to something else, There is no primary reason except oral(dentist). When I got to see the GI, I took a email correspondence I had with a cure zone member that had bacteria in his asophagus(bad breath). His surgeon practice is at UCLA Medical. She seemed set on "finding a cure".I don't know if my GI ever contacted her. He is more that willing to work with me. My General sounds like you Gastro.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Do any of you have a pregnant distended looking belly?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

The reason I ask is because mine has always been big. If I look at some childhood photos I can see it's not right. Always had PND too. Probable connection no doubt.

The rest of me has very little fat, but I'm not thin.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Most of the guys have big bellies because that is how the fat older guys look, so that question is kind of weird, I know some guys with horrendous bellies, just as a sample, Jeremy Clarkson, great host of Top Gear, has huge belly and that does not mean he has bb.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Yeah, it's hard to know whether it's just fat or whether it's more than that. If I tense up my abdomen, there's about 1cm of soft flabby fat, below that I can feel tensed muscle. I guess muscle can also contain fat too, so maybe it's the muscle and my body just wants to be this shape and store some fat there.I just look at some people though, and wonder how their abdomen can look so thin. I've seen it mentioned many times that going on a low carb diet can have an almost instant effect on shrinking the belly.Has to be some kind of inflammatory thing.
trey
Total Newbie

Post by trey »

Guys I know this tread is old now.Just an update,I did tonsillectomy and it didn't help at all.I just met a homeopath recently he is very sure my problem is bile secreted from my liver and he is very confident he can get in back under control.I'm very optimistic this might help because no doctor has ever mentioned bile and liver to me before.I also have this abdominal fat(pot belly) that you guys mentioned.I raised Candida concerns to him too.He said everything will be normal even if it Candida.So try homeopathy too or look into bile issues too it might be the culprit.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic